This is a long-term contract position with a global financial firm in Downtown, NYC! Apply now for more details!
As a member of the Liquidity Investment funding Controller (LIFC) Team, this individual will perform the controller function which administers the Firm’s hedge accounting portfolio and support new business growth. The candidate will have regular and direct interactions with Corporate Treasury, Financial Control Group, Accounting Policy, Technology, Operations, Market Risk and other groups within the Firm.
- Perform, review and analyze the daily, weekly and monthly profit and loss of the hedge accounting portfolios, including attribution, to ensure key drivers are in line with expectations.
- Perform the month-end close reconciliations and processes, escalating and resolving issues with senior management (inclusive of balance sheet substantiation).
- Assist in the preparation of regular debt related disclosures (borrowing balance sheet, related 10Q/10K disclosures, and quarterly management reporting)
- Initiate process reengineering, improve efficiency and work to improve IT systems.
- Ad-hoc projects will be assigned and involve advising with Corporate Treasury, Corporate Risk Management, IT, etc. (e.g., new systems functionality testing, improving attribution).
- Capital Markets product controls experience
- ASC815 Hedge Accounting experience preferred
- 7+ years of experience in relevant fields
- Demonstrable leadership qualities with a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Strong controls background with the ability to design new controls and to challenge the operating effectiveness of existing controls
- Willingness to take initiative to develop and improve processes
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written