- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Head of eTrading Technology (Director)
Head of eTrading Technology (Director)
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18052987
Job Background/ Context:
FXLM Technology is focused on delivering IT solutions to the FX and Local Markets Sales and Trading business. We have around 900 people with the core of our development effort based in the financial hubs of London, New York and Singapore as well a development hub in Chennai.
Our core strength is providing the technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to service our clients. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best leaders and technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct business interaction on projects from electronic market making to algorithmic trading to real-time risk and analytics.
The Electronic Trading Technology Team is one of the most exciting and fast-paced teams within FXLM Technology and is responsible for delivering the electronic trading technology platform. The team are closely integrated with front office teams and responsibilities include developing the market making, algorithm execution, market execution and data distribution platforms.
The role requires a high level of expertise both in leading teams and hands-on experience of developing high-performance, low-latency platforms. We are looking for a candidate who understands how to lead teams, develop technical talent as well as build and design electronic trading solutions.
- Partnership with the business to understand and define the platform strategy and plans.
- Definition and communication of the platform architecture and roadmap.
- Leadership of the technology teams and deliveries in Electronic Trading.
- Mentoring and/or managing members of the team.
- Continual improvement of the software development lifecycle and quality of the product.
- The FX E-Trading and Algorithmic Execution front office trading, quant and quant development teams.
- The wider FX front office teams including eCommerce and Sales.
- The Citi Infrastructure Teams managing the hardware estate.
- The Production Support Teams.
This role provides a great opportunity for the successful candidate to work on projects closely aligned to the FX business with direct client and PnL impact.
FXLM Technology is a global team covering a wide range of front office applications and this role would give a great foundation in a key focus area. The common architecture and approach across the group means there are many opportunities for career growth and mobility within our team
- 12+ years' of extensive years of commercial Java development experience
- 12+ years' Experience developing low-latency, high performance software in Java
- Recent experience working within an eFX Technology Team is preferable
- Self-starting individual with experience of working in a business facing role
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems using a range of middleware products
- 8+ years' of team leadership (60+)
- Java, OO design
- Distributed Systems Technologies - Messaging, Caching, Database.
- Understanding of computing science fundamentals - concurrency, algorithms, operating systems
- Process and tools to produce well written low defect rate code, including Dev Ops
- Quantitative understanding of the FX trading business or related areas (e.g. Equities high frequency trading)
- Strong aptitude for analysis and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Degree in a mathematical or scientific subject from a top tier University Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.