Head of Strategic Alliances - Enterprise Data
What is Bloomberg Enterprise Data?
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data department develops data offerings that are considered best in class by the capital markets community. Across real time market data, reference data, historical pricing data, and unique analytics we offer:
What's the Role?
- The most comprehensive and highest quality content in the industry
- Distribution platforms that are flexible, reliable, fast, and easy to onboard
- Easy to use data that is ready for analysis
- These critical datasets serve as the primary source of information across the front, middle, and back office at the most respected capital markets firms across the globe
Building and maintaining a strong partner ecosystem is crucial to our success. Capital markets firms use vendor software solutions across the front, middle, and back office. Ensuring that these software solutions are nourished by Bloomberg's wealth of content offer mutual customers a competitive advantage while oftentimes reducing their total cost of ownership.
As the Team Lead for the 3rd Party Business Strategy team, you will lead a global team of Business Development analysts and work with senior managers to set the strategy for how we best seek and onboard new vendor partners, grow strategic relationships with existing partners, and work with Sales and Product Development teams to grow revenue through partner channels.
The ideal candidate will be a shown leader that demonstrates the ability to influence key decision makers, prioritize a customer focused approach, have a balanced business and technology acumen, and possess a genuine passion for FinTech in Capital Markets. You will use an ambitious spirit and inquisitive attitude to find opportunities but know that hard work, hands-on engagement, and attention to detail is what brings solutions to market and differentiates us versus our competitors. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Lead a highly strategic global team
- Set strategies and achievements to supervise progress on those strategies
- Collaboratively engage with senior managers to set strategies, communicate progress, promote wins, and thoughtfully learn from and adjust when failures occur
- Lead negotiations with strategic partner opportunities
- Take calculated risks
- Serve as Industry and Product authority of our partner solutions
- Engage with Product Development, Sales, Customers, and Vendor partners to ensure solutions meet customer needs and are positioned strategically
- Expertly make recommendations to customers and partners
- Build positive relationships with our vendor partners through knowledge sharing, insights, and trustworthiness
- Influence internal and external partners
- Balance hands on work with a desire to keep up with market trends
We'd love to see:
- Experience leading and influencing a range of stakeholders
- Comfort engaging with senior/executive partners and influencing their decisions
- Experience with the technology that drives capital market firms
- Experience with the data required to facilitate decision making across the Front, Middle, and Back office
- Strong understanding of capital markets, banking, asset management, risk, and/or the trade lifecycle
- Experience handling sophisticated tri-party relationships
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills that will drive adoption of our offerings
- Ambitious mentality, revenue-focus, and comfort working in a non-hierarchical, large global organization
- Passion for consistent learning
- Ability to travel
- Sophisticated Technical or Management degrees
- Strong network of industry influencers
If this sounds like you, apply, and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.