Head of Remote Access and Citrix Engineering
Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation.
We are a global team that provides all infrastructure, end user computing and production support services. Our goal is to provide reliable, resilient, next-generation enterprise technology infrastructure and support that enables BNY Mellon employees to deliver client commitments and business solutions around the world.
As part of TSG, our Workplace Technology team
is responsible for the strategy, engineering, and strategic deployment activities for all end user services, including mobile services, Windows physical and virtual desktop, Mac, Microsoft 365, email, chat, collaboration, and related technologies. Our mission is to articulate the vision for employee productivity and collaboration for the Bank, selective innovative technologies to transform the end user experience. If you are a technology evangelist with a passion to deliver technology solutions that differentiate BNY Mellon from its competitors, then this is the place for you. The Role
We are seeking seek a Head of Remote Access and Citrix Engineering
. You will lead an existing talented team of engineers, chartered with the responsibility for the Bank's global Citrix and Remote access platforms.
In addition to engineering responsibilities, our team also is a Center of Excellence for Application Virtualization and enablement of business applications. Key Responsibilities:
- Design and implement highly available & DR resilient hybrid or on prem connectivity and management for Citrix Applications and Virtual Desktop Integration (i.e. Access, Resource, Control and User Layers) for Global infrastructure across Americas, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- Design and implementation experience with Citrix Cloud, Analytics. Performance Manager and other cloud hosting platforms on a global scale.
- Design/implement highly available & DR resilient NetScaler Access Layer Environment
- Design and implement vendor applications into the BNYM supported infrastructure environment including application Server configuration and infrastructure/network component integration
- Design/implement automation & provisioning processes and tools for managing large scale enterprise platforms
- Drive technical debt out of the environment by keeping platforms and services current, defining SDLC standards globally, while reducing variation.
- Design/implement in-depth data integration and reporting capabilities for to measure product usage, performance and SDLC footprint;
- Create and document implementation/support procedures/automation/alerting & monitoring of new deployments for Operations Support
- Evaluation of emerging technologies (on-premise and cloud hosted)
- Research and deployment of Proof-of-Concept environments for new technology, perform feasibility and business case studies
- Fourth-tier escalation point for support issues of the production environment
Manages multiple teams within infrastructure engineering. Contributes to developing strategy and implements it for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or infrastrucutre concerns. Directs systems management and integration functions. Manages relationships with vendors and executive stakeholders. Develops, maintains, and implements the procedures and the execution covering all configuration issues in a full software lifecycle.Develops and implements strategic processes for implementation and maintenance activities for computer system software and configurations. Contributes to developing strategy for implementing and integrating middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Evaluates current methods and strategies, and implements changes and improvements. Provides senior-level consulting in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a senior-level resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Implements projects consistent with long-term IT plans. Assists with the coordination of activities with other IT unit heads. Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within Infrastructure Operations. Reports results to the Sr. Leader. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple infrastructure operations teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives. Manages organizational budgets. Manages relationships with vendors and executive stakeholders. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 12-15 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 12-15 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: