Head of Real Time Collaboration Engineering
Technology Services Group (TSG)
is our central infrastructure services group for BNY Mellon. We are the technology enabler for the business. We provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host and enable business innovation/growth in our lines of business and global locations.
Our TSG Workplace Technology
team is responsible for the strategy, engineering, and strategic deployment activities for all end user services, including mobile services, Windows physical and virtual desktop, Mac, Microsoft 365, email, chat, collaboration, and related technologies. Our mission is to articulate the vision for employee productivity and collaboration for the Bank, selective innovative technologies to transform the end user experience. If you are a technology evangelist with a passion to deliver technology solutions that differentiate BNY Mellon from its competitors, then this is the place for you. Role Description:
Workplace Technology is seeking a Head of Collaboration Tools. This position will be responsible for the technical engineering of tools and services related to high profile events globally. This role will be responsible for all Technical engineering for events, executive meetings, streaming broadcasts, and conferences across BNY Mellon. This role will establish and execute strategy for the next generation of Technical capabilities for BNY Mellon events, while leveraging technology and best practices so that high quality, interactive, engaging, and memorable experiences can be produced.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Own and lead all technology strategy and strategic deployment for existing and future Real-Time Collaboration services including:
- WebEx, WebEx Events, Teams Meetings, Teams Live Events, AppSpace (Digital Signage), IPTV (TriplePlay), Qumu, Telepresence Call Manager
- Marketo, Cvent, Zoom, plus future service offerings maybe to include Social 27, Kaltura, Stream, Streanlined, Kollective, Ramp and similar.
- Oversee all technical strategy and engineering for real-time collab, including ideation planning, design, and execution.
- Be accountable end to end for the service delivery of this space, including bsuiness case, service offerings and service quality
- Resolve engineering-level escalations of technical issues and disruptions minimizing impact on talent and audience.
- Build key vendor relationships; engage with external partners/agencies where needed to leverage appropriate services and technology
- Interface with Senior BNY Mellon leaders bringing industry insights and thought leadership on technology, audio, video and production services and tools.
- Collaborate with various Leaders across Operations and Technology teams to design and build out future live streaming infrastructure.
- Technical review and evaluation of new tools and novel techniques to elevate audience experiences and enhance visual storytelling.
- Develop best practices and playbooks around Technical operation of key Event Technologies.
- Build a team of technicians providing support and resolving escalations.
Manages multiple teams within infrastructure engineering. Contributes to developing strategy and implements it for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or infrastrucutre concerns. Directs systems management and integration functions. Manages relationships with vendors and executive stakeholders. Develops, maintains, and implements the procedures and the execution covering all configuration issues in a full software lifecycle.Develops and implements strategic processes for implementation and maintenance activities for computer system software and configurations. Contributes to developing strategy for implementing and integrating middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Evaluates current methods and strategies, and implements changes and improvements. Provides senior-level consulting in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a senior-level resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Implements projects consistent with long-term IT plans. Assists with the coordination of activities with other IT unit heads. Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within Infrastructure Operations. Reports results to the Sr. Leader. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple infrastructure operations teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives. Manages organizational budgets. Manages relationships with vendors and executive stakeholders. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 12-15 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Minimum 10 years experience with voice, video and event technologies within a corporate environment.
- Minimum 5+ years experience with global live streaming/virtual events as well as physical events technologies
- Minimum 5+ years experience managing the engineering of collabration and tools and video conference resources such as: Cisco Telepresence, Microsoft WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and others
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Hands on technical person that can take ownership of event technologies and drives excellence and vision is this highly
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence others, gain rapid alignment, and secure support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience engaging with executive stakeholders, including C-suite and Boards of Directors.
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail, able to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Understanding of security and data privacy standards required for event engineering
- Ability to work non-standard work hours due to global nature of role
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: