Head of Property, Americas &US
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- The role is accountable through the Americas Property team to ensure all aspects of the Property function are well managed, well operated and provide safe and productive work environment for the group's staff and customers. This includes workplace performance management, project management, design, facilities management, safety and security, energy and environment. The role double hats as country Head of Property, US in addition to its responsibilities for the broader Americas
- Accountable for managing a portfolio of 7 buildings, spread across circa 200k square feet of office space, supporting more than 1,400 SCB staff
- Managing a regional operating budget of circa $26M, through geographic teams in the most effective and efficient manner in support of and aligned with the business strategy, through continually improving operating metrics relating to space use, costs and employee experience
- Develop, implement and deliver property strategies, influencing key geographic and business stakeholders to ensure optimal solutions are implemented.
- Ensure supply partners are effectively managed and continue to deliver service excellence and good value to the bank through an optimized operating and delivery model,
- Influence working models with strategic partners, working closely with Property global leadership
- Accountable for Property engagement model with regional/country CEO's and business leaders, to ensure the function has a deep understanding of strategic business needs and influence business outcomes beyond express needs.
- Direct engagement with members of USMT, Regional/Country CEO's and other key stakeholders on strategic property management themes, influencing outcomes in the bank's interests
- Accountable for the Property geographic operating model and resourcing/budget decisions.
- Regional owner for Property ORF
- Be the change and challenge agent for driving efficiency and effective Property priorities for the Americas
- Responsible to ensure Property has a clear plan and collective priorities aligned to the Regional strategy
- Accountable to the Head of Property Europe and Americas for the Americas Property performance against overall scorecard outcomes
- Management of the Americas Property team, strategic guidance of the country Property teams across the region and steer the partnership between Property, business, the local regulators and the supply partner for providing future focused, innovative, robust and affordable solutions for the good of the Bank.
- Engagement with Regional SME's to deliver an on-Property priority efficiently and effectively
- Proactive engagements with business stakeholders and supply partners - deepen partnerships, Influence with future focused, affordable and robust solutions
- Manage annual country Property budgets including capital projects budgets. Agree Country & Regional budgets with key stakeholders
- Represent Property in risk committees
- Alignment with Group functional and specialist leads
- Lead development of process, innovation, change
- Leads definition and implementation of regional training/development needs
- Leads and guides retained management organization (includes Supplier Managers, Contract Managers and Operational Risk Managers) to ensure service provider is delivering to he agreed service level agreements performance standards.
- Leads assurance testing to provide evidence of compliance with the relevant group policies, procedures and standards
- Lead and empower teams to ensure the Region meets its respective agreed environmental targets
- Champion appropriate culture / values which are aligned with the Bank.
- Own Relationship with auditors and local regulators on all Property matters
Responsibilities as Property Risk Control Owner:
As Risk Control Owner for Property Management and Security Management (including H&S regulations) in Regions/Country, responsible under the Group Operational Risk Framework (ORF) for ensuring that the residual risks within the scope of Property responsibilities remain within appetite. In discharging this responsibility, the Regional Head must:
- Challenge and verify First Line risk identification and assessments, in line with changes in the internal and external environment
- Identify and report key risks and ensure where outside of the risk appetite they are escalated to the appropriate body for risk acceptance
- Maintain a good understanding of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to Property Risk control areas
- Design, implement and maintain controls and mitigates
- Ensure effective communication of policies and other control requirements
- Define key control indicators and control sample testing requirements as appropriate for managing risk
- Monitor compliance with and effectiveness of the risk control environment
- Monitor 'live' risk issues and events material to the Bank and verify whether appropriate management action is being taken to mitigate their impact
- Advise governance bodies on key risks, the effectiveness of mitigates and controls, and alignment of residual risks with appetite
- Ensure at all times operations in region/country are audit ready
Note: the above mentioned second Line responsibilities are in addition to any First line responsibilities that the Risk Control Owner may have as a line manager Our Ideal Candidate
- Leadership capabilities and experience in management performance and risk relating to third party supply partners
- Communication, commercial budget management and negotiation skills
- Track record in leading and delivering change.
- Preferably relevant professional qualification for the role - ie Property, Supply Chain, Safety & Security
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.