Head of Product Engineering, Workflow & Control
We are looking for a senior strategic leader to be the "Head of Product Engineering" for Workflow & Controls, a product line that comprises a large number of interrelated, business-critical capabilities and applications. You will be responsible for helping to build our agile organization and align to a culture of continuous improvement, partnership, trust and sharing. You will a lead a global staff of software engineers and partner with your Product Management and Quality peers to support a large, global group of agile scrum teams. Retaining and attracting high performing talent and driving measurable business value is a passion.
Fundamental to this position is a demonstrable ability to combine your strong agile leadership and problem solving skills with deep technical and delivery know how. You have exceptional collaboration and communication skills, are highly motivated, creative and engaged. As a servant leader, you will enable experienced engineers and the teams they support to drive business value while your organization focuses on, planning, building, improving, innovating and contributing to the product vision. The Team
In partnership with Product Management and Quality Assurance, your team shares a common mission to create products that satisfy our users. Your team will enable product engineering teams, promises engineering excellence and deliver high-quality end product. Business impact
The primary products for this product line includes our core business workflow products and business controls that implement global regulatory guardrails such as fine grained, business process enterprise-wide context-based security entitlement services. Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications:
- Support and foster a quality-first, agile culture that is built on partnership, trust and sharing
- Build, coach and develop a large team of experienced engineers to successfully execute the role by developing their careers and skills
- Learning and understanding all aspects of your product-line and the Ratings business
- Responsible for helping define the vision, driving team execution, and overseeing the engineering process. This will require strong leadership capabilities, as well as the ability to roll-up-your-sleeves to ensure alignment across technology, product and business stakeholders
- Be technically deep and provide input on architecture, design and code. As a thought leader, you are well respected by engineers and non-engineers alike
- Drive strong partnerships between engineering teams and Product owners , including business stakeholders in the Ratings organization
- Be responsible for driving technical design, architecture and implementation of new features and iterations of core products
- Partner with product management and stakeholders to define the roadmaps, plan and report on technical programs that cut across the entire organization
- In partnership with PMO and operations teams, drive and mature release management, scaled agile, consistent metrics and efficient processes
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 12+ years of experience with 8+ years of experience designing non-trivial, modern web portals for a global audience
- 5+ years full stack development experience in modern web development technologies, Java/J2EE, PEGA systems process automation, REST/OData, AWS, Tomcat, JMS, SQL, Oracle and/or Microsoft .NET
- 8+ Hands-on experience contributing to application architecture & designs, proven software/enterprise integration design patterns and full-stack knowledge including modern distributed front end and back end technology stacks
- Quality first mindset with a strong background and experience with developing products for a global audience at scale
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Financial services industry experience
- Deep knowledge and commitment to CI/CD and Agile/XP and modern design principles like 12 factor applications
- Expert in cloud based development methodologies and state of the art design patterns
- Experience with building and supporting solutions in the cloud including a strong understanding of cloud native architectures, design patterns and best practices
- Lead the implementation of strategy roadmap for the enterprise data and content; including data architecture, build and data management for enterprise data, maturity of Ratings digital content store and advanced data analytics systems
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding and experience in the Agile large projects & programs including promotion of continuous improvement through assessment and action planning
- Experience with open source and distributed software development
- Up to date and knowledgeable in technology and industry trends with ability to develop and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management
Grade: 14 About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings. North American Applicants
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law. Non-North American Applications
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.