Financial Services Recruitment
Robert Half Financial Services are hiring for a fully remote Head of Operations role within a growing quantitative trading hedge fund. Our client requires at least 10+ years’ of fund operations experience, with some years at a quantitative or systematic trading firm. You must also have a numerical education (Math, Engineering, Statistics, etc) and knowledge of Digital Assets or Cryptocurrency is highly advantageous. This role is fully remote however requires working on Eastern Standard Time (EST).
This Head of Operations role will be on track to become the Chief Operating Officer (COO), it reports into the two partners of the firm and initially manages one operations analyst.
- Own and optimize the new vendor and counterparty onboarding process as well as the firm's relationships and trading footprint. Develop a systematic evaluation, reporting and scoring regime for counterparty risk.
- Manage the firm’s counterparty and liquidity relationships with an emphasis on continually improving cost-efficiency (exchanges, OTC desks, lenders, banks, custodians), transaction speed and efficiency.
- Management of the firm’s secure transaction management infrastructure (exchange whitelisting, secure custodial infrastructure)
- Interaction with technology and investment teams to operate, refine and improve the firm’s risk monitoring infrastructure.
- Define and implement operational best practices for the master fund (market-neutral, short-term, arbitrage, price taking, and market-making) and future vehicles.
- Manage relationships with vendors, including oversight of the monthly NAV striking process and fund accounting, transfer agent and investor registrations, supporting the fund's auditors with annual audit, supporting tax advisers and entity-level documentation, investor documentation, and approval of financials (with input from President and CIO).
- Oversee and streamline basic financial operations, including expense allocations and tracking, developments of policy and process for expenses split between entities, biweekly accounts payable disbursements, and timely filing of returns for a variety of passthrough entities.
- Work with outsourced CFO service and internal accounts payable staff member to establish an efficient and accurate information exchange, budgeting, intercompany transfer/attribution/allocation process, and monthly (financial) reporting protocol.
- Oversee the formation, documentation, and investor reporting for special purpose vehicles (SPVs).
- Develop compliant processes with support from outside compliance consultants to ensure regulatory obligations and disclosures are timely updated and complete (SEC/ADV, FATCA, blue sky).
- Participate in the development of automation tools for record keeping, reporting, risk dashboards and alerts.
- 10+ years’ fund operations experience with some years in quantitative or systematic trading
- Knowledge of Cryptocurrency or Digital Assets is highly advantageous
- Familiarity with the idiosyncrasies of crypto exchange APIs and asset transfers
- Experience with tax and regulatory matters pertaining to global and U.S. based hedge funds
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Math, Engineering, Statistics or related numerical field
This Head of Operations role is fully remote but requires someone to work on Eastern Standard Time (EST), have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is flexible dependent on experience, but the initial range is $225-275k base plus bonus. If your profile matches the above criteria, please contact me on **email@example.com**