• Oversees marketing content and campaign strategy and execution across traditional and digital channels. This includes editorial, creative, digital and events.
• Manage a team of marketers whose responsibilities include channel marketing (retail and institutional), design, digital marketing and events. This new leader will need to determine the optimal operating model to create a cohesive team to drive both BAU work and deliver strategic solutions for all US distribution channels.
• Develops and maintains broad knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, and industry developments.
• Create broader awareness of Allianz Global Investor’s insights and investment capabilities. Develop a unique and efficient strategy around thought leadership, client events, and client satisfaction measurement to ensure the efforts are capitalizing on all that Allianz Global Investors brings to the market globally.
• Leverage the power of the global firm to influence and market the most appropriate products and solutions to the U.S.
• Works with key data analytics partners to establish measurement framework and performance tracking program that demonstrates the impact of marketing activities on business objectives and return on investment. Be able to evidence the benefit and return of marketing activity.
• Communicates progress, issues, and solutions to senior management to obtain input and buy-in. Provides written and verbal communication to different audiences on the status of US marketing efforts.
• Work closely with senior executives across the firm including: US Distribution leadership, other regional marketing heads plus the Global Marketing and Communications team.
• Important to note, this role will not be responsible for global branding and corporate communications but will partner closely with those global teams as needed. For marketing analytics, this role will collaborate closely with our central distribution analytics team.
• Represent and be accountable for the U.S. marketing perspective and requirements with global / functional teams including: global marketing & branding, document management, CRM, data privacy, technology, legal and compliance.
• Maintain and take full responsibility for the best use of the U.S. marketing budget
Memberships / Other key relationships:
• Membership of the U.S. Distribution Management Group
• Membership of the Global Marketing and Communications Group
• A key member and contributor to U.S. Distribution Leadership
• A key member and contributor to global Marketing Leadership
• U.S. CEO (Manager)
• U.S. Distribution Leaders (Retail, RIA, Institutional, Financial Institutions, Non-Resident/Latin America)
• Head of Business Management (including distribution data analytics)
• Global Head of CRM
• Global Head of Marketing and Communications (Corporate)
• External partners and vendors
• U.S. Chief Operating Officer
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree required; M.B.A. or other graduate degree preferred. FINRA licenses.
• Minimum of 15 years marketing experience, including a minimum of five years running a team. Preferably in asset management or financial services.
• Understanding of investment strategies and distribution channels across asset classes in both public and private markets is preferred. Experience marketing ETFs would be a plus. However a strong individual with a technology firm or FinTech background would be considered.
• An experienced executive who is also a dynamic leader. Experience in managing and building a high performance team. Inspiring leadership skills and excellent personal communications skills that engender credibility and confidence both inside and outside the company.
• Worked effectively in an organization of considerable size and scope, yet entrepreneurially oriented. Experience in marketing and leveraging a global brand and products in a variety of distribution channels and business development opportunities.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a global organization; strong interpersonal and judgment skills will be required to influence internal constituents with regards to market research, advertising, public relations, promotion, etc.
• Very strong ability to leverage and grow digital marketing
• Abilities in being able to develop, use and rely on data and analytics to guide approach and show return on investment
• Strong desire and abilities to build a marketing function for a global brand in a region where the brand’s presence is less developed.
• Understands SEC, FINRA and other regulatory rules in order to develop materials in compliance with requirements. Support compliance process and guidelines for all materials, maintaining appropriate documentation.
Allianz Global Investors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin or disability. Allianz Global Investors hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.