- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Head of Lending Product Development
Head of Lending Product Development
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19024384
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Head of Lending Product Development will design, build, and implement new lending products and features to best meet consumer needs and deliver sustainable revenue growth for Citi. This will include partnering with key stakeholders to write product requirements, prioritizing tech hours for Lending, and partnering with Tech to deliver features with high quality, including pre- and post- launch testing across lending products including Non-Card Unsecured Lending products (e.g. Personal Loans) and On-Card Lending features (e.g. Flex Loan, Flex Pay). Additionally, the team will collaborate with New Product Development to identify and champion new product and partnership opportunities. This individual will shape and advance Citi's lending strategy, informed by a deep understanding of product development as well as lending economics, our customers, and the competition. The candidate will be play a significant role on the Lending leadership team, and be responsible for partnering closely with Product Management, Tech, Digital, and Legal/Compliance to drive growth in unsecured lending.
Keys to Success:
- Develop and implement a product feature backlog across unsecured lending
- Oversee lending product development, including setting and delivering against product enhancement plan, customer experience, and operational excellence.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive strategy forward, setting milestones and measuring success.
- Update senior leaders on progress and influence the organization to support the lending growth agenda
- Recruit, develop, and motivate a team of product managers with deep understanding of lending economics, customer needs, and the competition
- Candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience working in product and/or business development roles within financial services with experience launching and scaling unsecured lending products
- Understands the lending business model, credit card P&L drivers, and industry dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and lead a large cross functional team to drive results
- Proven strategic thinker with a strong results orientation
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to respond quickly and creatively to complex issues
- Ability to engage with diverse internal stakeholders (e.g., business leaders, oversight functions, etc.) and manage through influence
- Ability to interpret regulatory requirements and application to existing Cards business processes
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with strong presentation and facilitation skills to senior audience members Direct experience developing and managing customer facing lending solutions, with in-market experience in US a plus
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead others, creating a high commitment and fun work environment
- Bachelor's degree required with 10+ years of experience