Head of Investment Risk, Americas
The Head of Investment Risk - Americas ("Risk Manager") has a reporting line to the Global Head of Investment Risk in London as well as a dotted reporting line to the Chief Administrative Officer in New York.
The Risk Manager will be responsible for independent oversight of investment risk across fixed income, equities, and private assets for investment desks located in New York, São Paulo , and Buenos Aires. As a senior member of the regional team, the Risk Manager will be expected to maintain and strengthen risk management governance for the region, developing procedures, and leading or participating in cross-functional initiatives.
The Risk Manager will also provide independent oversight of performance, sustainability, valuation, and liquidity. Responsibilities
- Management of quarterly risk & performance committees, attended by senior stakeholders including Asset Class Heads and Head of Investment.
- Portfolio surveillance over investments managed in the region
- Line manager responsibilities for 1 FTE in NY and 1 FTE in São Paulo
- Creation and monitoring of fund risk profiles, which document internal risk limits and discussion trigger indicators.
- Participation in forums including pricing, liquidity, and product development committees
- Advanced review of new product launches and mandate onboardings
- Reporting to local executive committee and boards of directors
- Oversight of Environmental, Social, and Governance ("ESG") standards for investment funds
- Assist global Compliance team in providing risk oversight as required by global financial regulators
- Local subject matter expert on risk analytics
- 10+ years of experience in financial services, preferably at an investment management company or similar.
- Undergraduate degree with post-graduate study such as a masters, CFA, or FRM.
- Prior experience in risk or related role.
- Knowledge of risk characteristics of a broad set of asset classes including fixed income (including securitized) and equities. Private debt would also be useful.
- Confidence and aptitude in taking part in client pitches, and in facing off directly to regulators.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency with Aladdin.
- Knowledge of US 40 Act rules related to risk management.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.