Head of FIG, Investment Management
The Financial Institutions/Insurance General Account Sales Leader is anewly created role which will proactively develop and manage the firm's business-buildinginitiatives in the Financial Institutions and insurance general accountchannel. This sales leader will findcreative ways to solve the unique and evolving investment needs of the professionalbuyers in this channel through delivering the firm's thought leadership and diversesuite of global investment solutions. This sales leader will workcollaboratively with Institutional and Retirement teams to leverage existing relationshipsto win new business. Further, this salesleader will cultivate new relationships for the firm by prospecting,developing, and closing business in a consultative and "solutions driven"way. Additional responsibilitiesinclude:
Build and execute astrategic business development plan for the FIG and U.S. insurance generalaccount channel
Prospect newrelationships to introduce GA capabilities to new clients
Leverage momentum in Europeand internal resources (i.e. client service, insurance risk modeling and dataanalytics, etc.) to position the firm as a leading specialty solutions providerto this marketplace
Manage and develop asmall team in the FIG/insurance GA channel
Actively contribute toa culture that values collaboration, partnership and putting client and firminterests ahead of one's own personal agenda.
Partner with investmentteams to identify relevant strategies
Liaise with portfoliomanagers on constraints and specifics of managing insurance assets
Collaborate with salesteam/relationship owner to introduce GA capabilities to existing client andprospects
Consult with analyststo understand clients desired outcomes and company specific constraints
Analyze potentialclients ALM and SAA models to determine best opportunity for firm's strategiesand their impact on insurers balance sheet/regulatory capital, etc.
Liaise withRelationship Manager to answer client requests
Prepare market andclient specific analysis for prospecting purposes, and marketing materials formeetings
Maintain CRM pipelinedetails
Partner with marketingto enhance insurance-specific slide decks and templates
Leverage technicalbackground and industry expertise to develop thought leadership articlesspecific to insurance general account space
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Fluency in insurance general account investing, including a deep understanding for their unique and complex needs, risk appetite and buying behavior.
- Demonstrated track-record of successfully executing on a business development strategy with a variety of intermediaries including independent broker-dealers, large RIA's, TAMP's, Subadvisory clients, DCIO and Private Banks.
- Deep understanding for the changing needs and buying preferences of professional buyers across financial intermediary platforms.
- A drive to succeed, an entrepreneurial mindset, and excitement toward building a business
- High level of emotional intelligence, and deep desire to help others succeed
- Demonstrable coaching ability and desire to mentor and contribute to the professional development of others
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in finance or business); MBA, CIMA, CPWM, CAIA or CFA preferred
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- In-depth knowledge of investment products and vehicles, including mutual funds and Collective Investment Trusts, across the institutional and retail marketplaces
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Enhanced problem solving and analytical abilities, and familiarity with investment strategies and concepts
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated strength building client-focused relationships
- Ability to build and execute growth plan
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York- Internal Jobcode:
Asset Management Organization:
North America Distribution-HR11430 Requisition Number: