Head of Campus Recruiting
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 21 Apr 19
Head of Campus Recruiting
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
This position is responsible for leading the global campus recruiting team and providing strategic direction that will enable us to attract top tier talent in a rapidly changing environment. In this position, we are seeking an individual who is not afraid to take calculated risks and will also take a data driven approach to talent acquisition. The successful candidate will also have leadership experience where they have proven track record of generating results aligned to company goals. In addition, they will be comfortable managing a global and experienced team.
Ideal candidates for this position will have a Bachelor's degree with prior work experience in recruiting, learning and development, or university career services. Experience in managing a global team is a plus. This role reports to the Global Head of Talent Acquisitions and location is flexible (Austin, TX, Newport Beach, CA or New York, NY).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Setting the global Campus Recruiting team strategy ensuring alignment to business goals and strategic priorities
• Set vision on how to build PIMCO's brand on campus through a digital presence while leveraging various technologies to do the heavy lifting where possible
• Develop and expand relationships with careers services and societies at top global colleges/universities
• Build partnerships with hiring managers and business recruiting leads in order to aid and advise with recruitment strategy and enhance the delivery of a seamless process
• Foster recruiting partnerships with our internal clients including hiring managers, school alumni, employee resource groups and HR partners
• Strategic planning of the Firm's diversity recruiting initiatives in partnership with our Inclusion, Diversity and Culture team
• Leverage campus recruiting analytics to assess and improve current strategy to ensure a world-class practice; ability to take a data driven approach to decision making that inform our current and future plans.
• Help us move from headcount planning to strategic workforce planning
• Partner with HR Business Partners and Talent Development team to share insight into early career programs across various industries; inform business leaders about best practices aligned to talent management of Gen Z population
• Plan and execute the Global Summer Internship Program, in partnership with the broader Campus Recruiting team
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
• 7+ years of experience in talent acquisition, program management, campus recruiting and/ or Analytics recruiting
• Creative thinker: solving problems and utilizing talent creatively
• Proficient in MS Office, with a focus on Outlook and Power Point and Excel
• Thoughtful and demonstrates good judgment; strong decision-making skills; ethical
• Familiarity with Avature or other applicant tracking systems is a plus
• Strong organizational and project management skills; attention to detail
• Multi-tasker: demonstrates an uncanny ability to prioritize while managing daily tactical requirements;
• Agility: flexible with enough adaptability to operate in a technical, fast moving organization
• Interpersonally skilled: has proven track record as a relationship builder, team player, collaborator, coach, and facilitator
• Excellent influencing skills with the ability to set and communicate strategy; strong senior stakeholder management skills
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office