Head of BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI) Financial Planning & Analysis
Description About this role
BlackRock (NYSE: BLK) is the world's preeminent asset management firm and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. BlackRock's clients can access investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares ETFs. As of August 2020 BlackRock's assets under management exceeded $7 trillion USD.
BlackRock is trusted with more money than any other asset manager in the world and has no greater responsibility than to its clients. It is why many of the world's largest pension funds and insurance companies trust BlackRock to understand its unique objectives and why financial advisors and individual end investors partner with BlackRock to help them build the more dynamic, diverse portfolios these times require.
BlackRock is also a truly global firm that combines the benefits of worldwide reach with local service and relationships. The firm manages assets for clients in North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Africa; employs more than 16,000 employees; and maintains 70 offices in more than 30 countries around the world.
For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock Business Overview:
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization plays a critical role as trusted partner to the business units, supporting all analysis, reporting and planning needs of the business. FP&A produce budgets, short and long range forecasts; create and analyze business metrics and identify cost savings opportunities; deliver economic insight into the relationships between costs and revenues to improve the financial success of the business going forward. The Investments FP&A teams directly supports the portfolio management organizations at BlackRock. Position Overview:
The Head of BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI) FP&A will be responsible for leading and managing a team of 5 tasked with all financial planning & analysis activities for the firm's Global Alternatives business and the seven underlying teams - Real Estate, Infrastructure, BAA, PEP, LTPC, ASG and Credit. The successful candidate in this highly visible position will be relied on to build a solid strategic partnership with BAI leadership and other senior business leaders to help identify and drive key growth opportunities as well as accountability for results. This individual will be an inspiring and motivating leader who will be empowered to help develop and execute a comprehensive strategy around driving growth within a key product segments. This person will be a strong critical thinker who is innovative and can effectively drive results within a matrix global organization as well as provide direction and clarity to both the business and broader finance platform.
In addition to leading the BAI FP&A team, this person will also be responsible for leading performance fee revenue forecasting, reporting and analysis across the firm managing one direct report who currently leads this process. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead all FP&A activities for the Global Alternatives business and seven underlying teams (Real Estate, Infrastructure, BAA, PEP, LTPCASG and Credit):
- Development of a thoughtful, strategic partnership with senior business leaders to drive growth opportunities and accountability for results
- Lead processes for monthly forecasting, reporting, variance analysis, etc.
- Lead the annual planning process including analyzing investment in strategic initiatives.
- Ownership for forecasting a multitude of compensation plans, and partnering with Human Resources on their implementation
- Liaise with Corporate strategy on modeling inorganic acquisitions, and contingent consideration post-close.
- Create a cohesive story around results and present data in a simple and clear manner. Communicate results to senior management, including the CFO.
- Actively manage the budget based on changing market conditions.
- Continuously look for ways to enhance reporting with forward-looking and insightful information.
- Participate and/or lead team-wide projects including financial modeling, ad hoc analysis, business economics, distributor pricing etc.
- Drive improved process and content around financial processes, including continued automation of management reporting. Be a change agent.
- Able to represent Finance and contribute fully to the broader commercial debate and business strategy.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Role requires significant interaction at all levels of the organization and across multiple functions and businesses.
- Key business partners include the COO and senior management within Alternatives
- Role requires significant interaction with finance, corporate strategy, investor relations and HR colleagues across BlackRock globally.
- Extensive experience of budgeting, planning, and reporting, preferably in asset management or the broader financial services industry. Ability to develop a deep understanding of the business and its key drivers
- Strong leader with ability to deliver in fast paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop executive level presentation
- Strong stakeholder management - Able to work effectively at all levels of a highly matrixed organization and forge strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives across multiple locations
- Proven experience as a successful finance business partner
- Proven team leadership, team management and coaching experience. Prior experience managing teams is required
- Strong technical financial skills, business acumen and an ability to think quickly within a highly dynamic environment
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and multi-dimensional analytical tool skills. Proficiency with Essbase/Hyperion a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong academics including bachelor's degree and qualified chartered accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or MBA from a top-tier institution
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.