HCM, Leadership and Management, Communications, Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OUR IMPACT
The HCM Leadership and Management team drives the operational, risk, finance, communication and people strategies for the division. The Communications team is responsible for driving the HCM communications strategy for the firm and the division, advising and partnering with HCM functions on their communications, messaging and engagement strategies, and partnering with the HCM chief of staff and HCM management to drive HCM's strategic priorities, communicate our vision and serve as stewards of the firm's People Strategy.
The HCM communications portfolio spans across e-mails, websites, newsletters, townhalls, change management and engagement campaigns, videos, social media, speaking engagements for leadership and more. You will report to the Communications lead, and will be part of a team of excellent communicators who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with a passion for what they do. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL JOB SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Contribute to strategic communication planning for HCM, divisional leadership and HCM functions, including drafting communications and creating materials
- Proofread and gain needed approvals for divisional communication requests
- Collaborate with other HCM functions to ensure that HCM messaging and engagement is impactful, cohesive, consistent and coordinated
- Help build out a culture and engagement strategy for HCM to build community, e.g., events, celebration of wins, leadership communications, etc.
- Drive forward ad-hoc special projects across a variety of content channels, including videos, newsletters, presentations, websites, etc.
- Partner closely with the Internal Communications team in the Executive Office
- Help to develop and strategize on messaging for internal and external speaking engagements
- Manage HCM townhall production and help to develop content; includes partnership with the Conference Services and Production Engineering teams and HCM leadership
- Strategize on content pipeline across channels (e.g., HCMforYou) and develop and maintain content calendars
- Manage HCM budget for communications / engagement opportunities
- Help to build out and maintain HCM websites in partnership with EO, Engineering and HCM functions (e.g., Three Conversations at GS , Inclusion and Diversity)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Powerful communicator with the ability to convey messages concisely and effectively, orally, graphically and in writing
- Strong presentation skills and experience creating commercial and high-quality materials (e.g., PowerPoint presentations)
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and initiatives simultaneously, often under time pressure, while maintaining high standards and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, self-starter that can work autonomously and can independently take initiative
- Ability to consistently exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Comfort multitasking and prioritizing multiple time-sensitive initiatives
- Strong organizational and project-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team and build relationships with global, cross-functional stakeholders
- Enthusiastic - high energy, high integrity, team-oriented with a well-organized "can do" approach
- Experience with Kiwi / website management is a plus
- Passion for communications
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity