HCM, Insights & Analytics, Compensation, Associate - NYC / SLC / Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and showcase your analytical, communication, presentation and system management skills? We have an excellent new position available within our Insights & Analytics - Compensation team for an Analyst in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OUR IMPACT
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
The Compensation Analytics and Planning team is at the core of that by providing the Firm's senior management with information and analysis related to compensation, the Firm's biggest expense item. The team's primary responsibilities include regular reporting on compensation levels and trends, ad hoc analysis, and support for key firmwide initiatives. The team also provides support for the firm's employee compensation system, training, subject matter expertise, analysis of issues, systems/process design, prioritization of system fixes and enhancements, testing, and ongoing support during critical period end processes.
This position is a terrific opportunity for a professional who wants to learn or expand his/her knowledge of the compensation and HCM space by learning about these areas at a firmwide level. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Assist other members of the team in all aspects of the group's responsibilities, including:
- Analyze and report on various compensation and headcount information
- Play key role in administration of year-end compensation program for all employees
- Respond to ad hoc requests from firmwide senior management and other functional areas across the firm
- Work and support other HCM teams (including Firmwide Compensation, Executive Compensation, Equity Compensation and HCM Business Partners) and other divisions across the firm to analyze and report on compensation information
- Partner with engineering colleagues and HCM Business Partners to develop self-service reporting and dashboards to address internal client needs
- Collaborate with other members of HCM for special projects
- Manage critical processes during routine operations (e.g., Budget, Comp Run Rate, Bonus Accrual, and aspects of Year-end Compensation process)
- Participate in compensation planning process including system administration and setup, prioritization of system fixes and enhancements, testing, communications, training, and support
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. HCM Business Partners, Controllers, and HCM Infrastructure), providing project and operational support, as well as strategic insight
- Work closely with Firmwide Compensation and Reporting teams to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and streamline processes as part of the compensation planning process
- Work closely with team members and stakeholders to foster professional growth and career development
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree required (analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics or a related field in HR preferred)
- Approximately 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to develop relationships with professionals across several HCM groups
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large sets of data and presenting results that tell a clear and compelling story
- Demonstrate knowledge of using PowerPoint to design management-level presentations, presenting results that tell a clear and compelling financial story
- Time Management Skills - Works well under pressure and is able to manage multiple urgent deliverables, prioritize workload to anticipate and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with Excel on a day to day basis, strong preference for individuals to be comfortable doing macros, vlookups, and pivot tables
- Experience with Access, Business Objects, Tableau and Alteryx preferred, but not required
- Good judgment and escalates issues when appropriate
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity