HCM, Firmwide Compensation, Associate - NYC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Are you looking for a new opportunity to showcase and grow your analytical, communication, presentation and client advisory skills? We have excellent new positions available within our Firmwide Compensation team for Associate in the Human Capital Management (HCM) division. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OUR IMPACT
As a division, HCM is at the forefront of supporting business growth and change at Goldman Sachs by recruiting, developing, and rewarding the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design, and implement strategies, processes, and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity, and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results.
The Firmwide Compensation Team drives the development and implementation of our compensation philosophy, policies, and practices around the world, supporting our best efforts to attract and retain the best talent available. This function requires liaising with other departments such as Controllers, Legal, and Tax and will also involve partnering with other HCM functions, including Business Partners, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Executive Compensation, Equity Compensation, and Global Mobility Services. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Translate divisional strategies into the design of compensation programs and policies that inspire our people to perform at highest levels to achieve our goals
- Work with consultants to benchmark compensation in financial services and other adjacent markets and provide key findings to divisional and firmwide senior leadership throughout the year
- Analyze hiring, attrition and other market trends and provide actionable insights to senior stakeholders on best approaches to attract and retain top talent
- Engage with the Firmwide Compensation team to identify continuous improvement opportunities, drive process change and create efficiencies across the function
- Partner with cross-functional HCM teams to advise and structure new hire compensation packages
- Work closely with Finance and Divisions to manage compensation budgets throughout the year; centrally administer the year-end compensation process for the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field such as Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or a related field in HR
- Approximately 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large sets of data and presenting results that tell a clear and compelling story; preference for individuals with strong PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work with Excel on a day-to-day basis, strong preference for individuals to be comfortable doing macros, vlookups, and pivot tables
- Ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to clients
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow-through required
- Thinks multiple steps ahead; prepares for potential problems and escalates issues when appropriate and manages competing deadlines effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to develop relationships with professionals across several HCM groups and act as an effective liaison to meet client needs
- Ability to work well both independently and in a global team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity