Guidelines Monitoring & Forensic Monitoring – Asset Management
- 120-150k Base; 20% Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Compliance Search Group, LLC
- 18 Jan 19
The asset management division of a major financial services firm seeks a Compliance professional to join their Guidelines Monitoring team. The Senior Compliance Analyst (SCA) will have core responsibilities including: 1) monitoring investment guideline compliance for institutional separate accounts (ERISA and non-ERISA), commingled trusts, mutual funds and hedge funds, and 2) performing daily / weekly /monthly forensics to ensure the firm’s trading activities comply with the firm’s policies and procedures and all regulations.
What you will actually do:
Client Documentation Reviews and Guideline Coding
- Participate actively in account onboarding, including negotiation of guidelines with client
- Review Fund and Account contracts documents including investment management agreements, investment policy statements, mutual fund prospectus and SAI documents to analyze and interpret necessary restrictions
- Set-up guideline coding restrictions for new Funds and Accounts independently or requiring little oversight
- Perform secondary review of existing guideline coding for accuracy and modify guidelines coding accordingly
- Test potential guideline rules and proposed enhancements to the proprietary compliance restriction system to ensure accuracy before implementation
- Assist Client Service and Client Accounting departments by helping resolve and communicate to clients regarding any compliance-related issues
- Liaise with Portfolio Managers to help resolve portfolio exceptions and questions related to trading activity
- Perform daily compliance exceptions monitoring by analyzing and validating exceptions
- Report actual violations accurately and timely and follow through to resolution
- Prepare customized monthly, quarterly client and mutual fund compliance reports
- Review IPOs and secondaries for broker restriction and Erisa eligibility
- Help maintain the Enterprise-wide restriction list
- As a senior member of the team, work with IT to design, test, rollout new forensic procedures as needed, including creation of procedures and SOPs.
- Perform a variety of forensic testing to ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures. This includes forensic testing on:
o Insider Trading
o Due diligence on Expert Network meetings
o Aggregation and Allocation processes
o Soft dollars
o Conflicts of Interest
o Quantitative models
What the company would like to see in a candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working at an investment management firm in any combination of Compliance, Portfolio Administration, or Operations
- At least 2 years’ experience coding institutional client guidelines in a sophisticated restriction system such as Charles River or Latent Zero Sentinel
- Strong ability to develop effective working relationships with investment staff and make articulate recommendations to department managers regarding potential solutions to issues.
- Energized by a fast-paced environment that is research oriented and places emphasis on the importance of personal accountability, while fostering a stimulating and team based approach.
- Ability to act as Deputy to the Team Manager in his / her absence.
- Excellent conceptual ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts to different situations.
- Drive projects to completion with minimal supervision
- As a senior member of the team, help maintain the culture of teamwork, respect, and respond to changes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Established ability to multitask, prioritize and organize time effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Superb computer skills including expertise with Bloomberg, Longview Trading, Microsoft Office Suite, SQL Query Analyzer or other experience with industry trading and accounting systems
- Keen customer service mentality
- Ability to independently research details in order to perform a thorough analysis
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to achieve results aptitude for remaining composed and confident under pressure
- Outstanding judgment and logic under pressure or in time sensitive situations
- Ability to perceive risks and make decisions quickly, often with incomplete information
- Effective written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Passion for and understanding of markets and investing