Group Manager, Client Service
- Manages multiple client service teams responsible for providing quality support to clients with transactions and resolving operational issues on a daily basis.
- Maintains familiarity with industry best practices and seeks opportunities to implement as appropriate.
- Sets policies and procedures for teams managed.
- Contributes to the development of strategic initiatives that are designed to improve the overall client service experience and improve team productivity and quality.
- Resolves highly complex or non-routine issues or inquiries from senior-level or key individuals at clients, as needed.
- Maintains relationships with business leaders to report client trends and needs.
- May provide forward-looking insight on client issues and trends to drive future revenue growth.
- Provides strategic guidance on internal activities and initiatives designed to improve the client experience. Determines needed improvements through review and analysis of problems reported.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Manages multiple client service/support teams.
- Responsible for the achievement of multiple team goals and objectives, talent management and supervision of team members.
- Teams support multiple, complex client accounts.
- Ability to manage teams virtually that are located in various sites
- Ability to support heavy and demanding client interfacing via phone an email
- Ability to learn the systems effectively and support the change.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required with an MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience with at least 3-5 years of management experience preferred.
- Experience in an operational area and/or client services preferred.
- Security processing and settlements, Cash processing required
- Custody or Corporate Trust experience is plus and/or Financial Services.
- Know Your Customer "KYC" background is preferred
- Document review and authentication experience preferred
- Time management skills required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.