Graphic Designer/Presentation Specialist
Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level. NKF's 16,000 professionals operate from more than 400 offices worldwide. Newly formed, TheActivationGroup is an independent division within Newmark focused on harnessing the power of consulting, brokerage and technology in a manner radically different from traditional CRE outsourcing service models in the industry.
TheActivationGroup Graphic Designer position involves coordinating with a global team to formulate content for a wide variety of business development activities initiated by the TheActivationGroup division. The Graphic Designer will be involved in a variety of projects such as the development of visual representation of complex concepts, specific sales presentations, brochure content, web content, and other specialized materials required to support TheActivationGroup initiatives. The position requires that all aspects of developing materials - determining the required information to formatting the final submittals - be completed in a timely, efficient manner to meet deadlines. The Graphic Designer is expected to meet with senior-level professionals and subject matter experts to both generate new content and organize existing content into a compelling business case or presentation for each opportunity. In addition, the designer will be expected to collaborate with a wide variety of internal marketing resources and develop processes and procedures for the effective communication of the TheActivationGroup brand. Essential Job Duties:
- Support presentation/graphic/pitch activities for TheActivationGroup division
- Manage large volume of opportunities/pitches
- Provide graphic support for entire lifecycle of business development /pitch (initial sales material through award/transition)
- Work directly with service line leaders/TheActivationGroup leadership in production of materials
- Conduct conference calls related to preparation of pitch material
- Lead webex with distributed/remote team members to review/make final changes to materials
- Report summary of presentation activity to managing director on weekly basis
- Maintain and update library of presentation slides for each service line
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Design and develop creative concepts to produce high-end, client-focused sales materials for business development pursuits.
- Produce sales materials for final delivery, including printed books, large format printouts, placemats, on-screen shows, as well as proposals and other custom deliverables. (Proposal Covers, Presentation Templates, Presentation Content, Handouts, Event Save-the-Date/Invitations, Posters/Banners, Newsletters, Brochure, Web)
- Provide visual design concepts for large-scale new business projects.
- Demonstrate illustrative skills through rough sketching/ideas.
- Partner with brokerage teams, subject matter experts and internal service groups.
- Continuously work to review and improve the quality of work product through creative and innovative solutions.
- Design customized deliverables per team and client's needs, including pitch books, presentations, maps, infographics, collateral and marketing materials for both print and digital use.
- Build vector maps, charts, graphs and other information graphics utilizing Adobe Illustrator or appropriate medium and enhance images or photographs using Adobe Photoshop.
- Works with Microsoft Office, designing existing and new documents for consistency using embedded styles or making custom styles; customizing headers and footers; working with tables; importing/inserting tables, pictures and graphics from various programs.
- Oversee production of multiple presentations to ensure deadlines are met, recommending solutions to foreseeable problems.
- Upholds and strives to innovate within brand standard guidelines.
- Provides exceptional client service, taking on full ownership of assigned projects.
- Will liaise with external vendors
- Develop material to support event planning, participation and related campaigns
- Support digital/social media efforts fresh (w/ graphics, announcements, and collateral)
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bachelors degree in art, concentration on graphic design
- Minimum of 5-7 years corporate experience background in Commercial Real Estate or related industries such as Architecture, Property Management or other sales/consulting related industries preferred
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver/HTML, Acrobat), Microsoft Office Suite and Keynote. Video knowledge a plus. Skilled in creation of web based graphics.
- Strong typography/color theory/graphic imagery skills
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong communicator and diligent worker with a high standard for work product
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple, simultaneous projects
- Capacity to work in a demanding, deadline-driven environment
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary with little notice
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location. Working Conditions:
Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements Note:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.