Global Workplace Experience Manager - Executive Director
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 21 Apr 19
Global Workplace Experience Manager - Executive Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Corporate Services (CS) manages the firm's 19MM square foot portfolio to strategically align real estate assets with the Firm's business and organizational objectives. CS is responsible for a broad range of services including; Workplace & Design, Portfolio Strategy, Portfolio Management, Project Management, Engineering, Property Services and Amenities.
Morgan Stanley has created a global program, Workplace Evolution, to modernize our workplace. The objectives of Workplace Evolution are to support our organizational goals around attracting and retaining the best talent, optimizing our real estate, demonstrating our brand and values, and enabling our employees to work at their peak.
In support of this major initiative, Morgan Stanley is adding another dimension to its Workplace offerings by expanding to include an Experience Services platform.
The "Experience" agenda is to:
- Curate a meaningful and personal experience for Morgan Stanley employees and visitors that anticipates and exceeds expectations. Provide an experience that is seamless and coherent across all channels, and creates a positive connection to the experience of coming to the office.
- Focus on user centric hospitality, creating high touch opportunities for people to connect in new and exciting ways that speaks to Morgan Stanley's culture.
- Develop a platform which provides, through the convergence of clear governance and policy, work environment and services, a differentiating experience to support the shifting needs of Morgan Stanley employees .
Primary Responsibilities :
- Architect of the program, defining the optimal end user experience, which will help drive the design and services required for Morgan Stanley's future workplace environment.
- Creates and manages a global team to ensure a synchronous experience is being executed consistently across the program.
- Define the platform organization, deployment strategy, and standards and guidelines.
- Identify the appropriate technology and digital solutions, providing users with a seamless, single-point access to building amenities and services through a secure, mobile apps platform. Project management the right solutions with key Morgan Stanley stakeholder groups.
- Track and measure impact of program on employee satisfaction, productivity gains and cost avoidance .
- Collaborate with global functional teammates to ensure close alignment; Property Services, Amenities, Business and Branch Management, Technology, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, and Expense Management teams.
- Define hospitality and full service experience support for a range of project types (client facing, non-client facing and global in-house center locations)
- Global team will be responsible for providing seamless services around our Workplace Evolution program in partnership with Property Services and Amenities existing teams:
- Client-facing reception and visitor support
- Concierge service function
- Office services
- Catering coordination
- Conference center management
Community Managers: (Future role). This role will work closely with the Experience Manager to translate the experiences that have been designed, and deliver the day to day management of the space. Manage network of on-site teams responsible for maintaining all workspace to ensure a positive and enriching work experience for all employees. Community Managers would be the "first line of defense" for questions, issues, and concerns related to the space, to help resolve issues.
- Desk and space sharing program operations: proactive maintenance to compensate for shift in ownership of workspace due to desk sharing program. Space "resets", hour-by-hour monitoring, management of clean desk policy, lost and found, locker management
- Everyday Operations & Staff Engagement
- Facilitate day-to-day operations are running smoothly i.e. periodic maintenance checks and resets of shared spaces between meetings.
- Enhance the workplace community through regular events relating to community, wellness and general interest groups, integrating with existing programs currently operated within CS and other business unit partners (Human Resources, Corp Communications, etc…)
- Daily curating of office activities via multiple channels, e.g. digital boards, intranet, message boards
- Baseline IT and training support: simple technology breaks/fixes
Project Delivery Integration:
- Support CS Workplace, Project, Portfolio and Property teams with implementation of an experience service program on all major regional office build outs.
- Create Basis of Design Experience Guidelines playbook, and integrate as part of the Global Workplace Design Guidelines, to provide a holistic approach to the project implementation process.
- Develop a change management road map to ensure successful implementation . Collaborate with the Communications, Brand and Marketing teams on all collateral materials related to change management and communications.
- Potential Process:
- Define the value proposition
- Understand voice of the customer. Evaluate the experience against the promise
- Design the new experience
- Deploy, gather feedback, build quickly: Integrated business/ technology teams & Continuous feedback for iterative improvement
- Proven organizational skills, ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- A flexible approach with the ability to adapt to changing conditions and priorities and to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Distills complex information to the essential for client decision-making. Capable of participating in discussions with internal clients on design and space use concepts.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to present to and communicate with demanding clients within the Business Units, managing expectations throughout the design and delivery process.
- Maintain an active awareness and understanding of global workplace trends, innovations and opportunities
- Computer skills in Microsoft platforms.
- Experience with enterprise workspace tools; Hospitality Suite, WebCoRE, AppSpace, Yammer, Space Booking, etc...
- Moderate travel may be required as this is a global role.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Hospitality Administration Management.
- Responsible for designing "the end user experience" and implementation strategy for other organizations.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience managing multiple teams in experience services, hospitality, events, amenities and property services management.