Global Transaction Banking - Solutions Sales Manager, Vice President
Global Transaction Banking - Solutions Sales Manager, Vice President Primary Responsibilities
Develop and expand the transaction banking business for a major foreign (Japanese) financial institution. Increase revenue from a broad client base of Japanese subsidiaries by delivering a suite of cash management and trade finance products and services. These include domestic US cash management (including payments, collections, card, liquidity and channel management) and US trade services (including import, export, and standby letters of credit as well as supply chain and receivable finance). Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and execute a portfolio sales plan to ensure that revenue targets and Key Performance Indicators are met
- Originate cash management and trade finance opportunities
- Lead, manage and execute the sales process using consultative sales techniques as appropriate
- Respond to Requests for Proposals (i.e., form the deal team, evaluate the RFP, make 'go/no-go' decisions, define the proposed solution, co-ordinate and write the responses, complete the final proposal submission, pitch, execute/implement with relevant team members and close)
- Develop and manage a robust pipeline
- Attend industry conferences
- Develop marketing collateral
- Other sales related duties as required from time-to-time
Partner with Product Management teams within Global Transaction Banking (GTB) in the Americas and Japan:
- Establish strong working relationships with Product Management Teams
- Develop a practical understanding of Product offering
- Update Product Management on client needs and opportunities, as well as market pricing and trends
Partner with Relationship Managers in the Americas and Japan:
Key requirements and attributes:
- Proactively manage opportunities with new and existing target clients
- Create GTB Product Account Plans for designated clients to increase the bank's share of wallet
- Build strong relationship with clients, including individuals responsible for the cash management and trade finance business as well as treasury and procurement personnel
- Conduct standalone and joint client calling (with Relationship Managers) to provide transaction banking product solutions and technical expertise.
- Japanese language skills preferred, but not essential if the candidate can demonstrate significant experience working successfully in a multi-cultural environment
- 8-10 years of experience in transaction banking preferably managing relationships for Japanese subsidiaries operating in the Americas, but not essential if the candidate has significant commercial bank client experience
- Broad knowledge of cash management and trade finance products and services
- Specific industry experience and success in one or more industry segments (i.e. Industrials, Healthcare, Consumer/Retail, and Telecom/Media/Technology) a plus
- Strong understanding of working capital solutions, corporate treasury management practices, advisory services, and credit
- Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures
- Ability to travel (up to 40% of the time)
- Documented success in achieving new business and annuity sales targets
- Ability to manage deal coordination across regions / branches and departments
- Hands-on and positive can-do work attitude towards and internal process complexity
- Demonstrate leadership and building teamwork in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with staff of all levels; strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and presentation skills
- Strong organizational/planning skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.