Global Transaction Banking - Solutions Sales Manager, Director
Primary Responsibilities Develop and expand transaction banking business for a major financial institution. Products include supply chain finance, receivables finance, structured trade finance (pre-shipment) letters of credit (import and export, trade related or standby), cash and treasury management (focused primarily on banks Asian capabilities), as
Develop and expand transaction banking business for a major financial institution. Products include supply chain finance, receivables finance, structured trade finance (pre-shipment) letters of credit (import and export, trade related or standby), cash and treasury management (focused primarily on banks Asian capabilities), as well as FX services.
Establish and execute sales plan to ensure that revenue targets and Key Performance Indicators are met.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate with Product Management Teams within Global Transaction Banking Department (GTBD), Americas
- Establish strong working relationships with Product Management Teams
- Develop practical understanding of Product offering
- Keep Product Management updated on client (transactional) discussions
- Handover closed sales to Product Management teams for execution
- Keep Product Management teams updated on market pricing, product trends and client needs
Coordinate with Relationship Managers in the region.
- Proactively manage the new /existing target clients.
- Create GTBD Product Account Plans for designated clients
- Build relationship with clients’ Trade Finance and Cash Management individuals / Treasury personnel
- Conduct standalone / joint calling with RMs to provide transaction banking product solutions / technical expertise.
- Ensure the bank’s share of wallet is increased / maintained with the client as per account plan.
Originate trade finance and cash management business, particularly for Cash Management products - across Asia, from targeted clients and/or their subsidiaries in the United States
- Prepare client pitch books, co-ordinate with global teams on target opportunities; manage deal flow communication and track pipeline / revenues.
- Understand client business requirements and propose solutions (i.e. presentations) through consultative selling process, hands-on working with GTBD product solution team to meet the client needs.
Lead, manage and execute the client transaction banking RFP process (i.e. forming deal team, evaluate the RFP and make ‘go/no-go’ decision, working with product solution team to define the proposed solution, co-ordinate and collate the responses, complete the final proposal submission)
Provide inputs and feedback to all Transaction Banking team and relationship managers regarding customer needs, trends, and market intelligence to ensure that the bank remains current on market developments and issues that impact the competitiveness of our products. Ensure that the transaction banking needs of clients are communicated within the bank and incorporated into the short term and long term plans and initiatives of GTBD.
Key requirements and attributes:
- Over 10 years of experience in trade/transaction banking preferably managing relationships for US or European large / medium size corporates (or) the combination of experience in transaction banking sales and treasury management in large corporates.
- Broad knowledge of Trade Finance products (shot-term trade – LCs, open account products, Guarantees, Supply Chain Management, receivables finance, structured trade finance), Transaction Banking products and cash solutions (payments, cards, collections, liquidity and channel solution)., and transactional FX services.
- Specific industry experience and success in one or more industry segments (i.e. Industrials, Healthcare, Consumer/Retail, and Telecom/Media/Technology) would be a plus.
- Strong understanding of working capital solutions, corporate treasury management practices, advisory services, and credit
- Knowledge of regulatory policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel (up to 50% of the time).
- Documented success in achieving new business and annuity sales targets.
- Ability to manage deal coordination across regions / branches and departments
- Hands-on and positive can-do work attitude towards and internal process complexity
- Demonstrate leadership and building teamwork in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work with staff of all levels
- Strong inter-personal skills and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational/planning skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.