Global Markets, Global Credit Products - COO (New York, Analyst)
The following outlines an opportunity to join Global Credit Products (GCP) and work in the GCP COO team as a Product COO. The successful candidate will assist the existing Product COOs in support of GCP Sales, Trading, Sector Strategy, and Capital Markets; defining and executing business strategy as well as ensuring effective and efficient operation of the businesses on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with GCP Management to develop and execute business strategy
- Drive new business initiatives to further the business' product offering (including development of infrastructure & trading capabilities)
- Coordinate core business and supervisory controls, including deep dives, regulatory control reviews, governance forums and ad hoc control projects
- Preparation and coordination of regulatory exams and internal audits, own and drive remediation
- Facilitate human capital strategy, including onboarding GCP new joiners
- Act as primary liaison between the businesses and all internal business partners, coordinating efforts of shared service partners (Product Control, Operations, Risk, IT) to manage day-to-day activity and solve issues
- Facilitate & coordinate inter-department engagement (e.g. pulse meetings)
- Partner with CFO on key deliverables (financial plan formulation and tracking, expense analysis & managing to expense targets)
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Equivalent work experience of at least 1 year in a similar role within financial services control functions (COO, Operations Management, Product Control, Accounting, Financial Analysis, Risk or Analytics)!
- Ability to deliver against ad hoc requests, understand complex problems and suggest and implement methods of resolution!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to liaise with all levels throughout the organization
- Flexibility, dedication and a strong sense of ownership describe your work ethics
- Ability to work under pressure and natural teammate
- Able to multi task utilizing strong prioritization skills
- Proficient advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills a must
- Series 7, 63 preferred, but not required
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.