Global Markets, Equity Research-Investment Strategy
HOLT is a value-based, return on capital framework proprietary to Credit Suisse that provides differentiated investment research. HOLT provides an objective view of over 18,000 companies in 65 countries worldwide using a rigorous methodology that examines accounting information, converts it to cash and then values that cash. The corporate performance framework is the foundation for the HOLT valuation model - an objective, long-term valuation discounted cash flow model. Embedded in the valuation model is a company specific life-cycle framework, which forecasts baseline long-term patterns of change in economic returns and growth, using empirical research on how thousands of companies with similar characteristics have performed in the past.
Credit Suisse HOLT is looking for exceptional candidate to join their Investment Strategy Team in New York. The team brings to bear the data from the HOLT framework for quantitative applications and portfolio analytics.
- Bring to bear data from the HOLT framework to conduct client portfolio reviews that analyze the fundamental profile of a client's portfolio relative to a benchmark, helping clients understand the benefits and risks of various portfolio profiles and also discussing individual holdings through the HOLT framework.
- Bring to bear data from the HOLT framework to produce research reports focused on market themes, quantitative strategies, sector and geographic allocation, portfolio positioning, and the benefits of HOLT data.
- Assist in constructing, improving, and maintaining the HOLT factor library of fundamental factor signals for use in client-facing tools, data products, and custom client strategies.
- Assist in the construction of custom portfolios / strategies for clients based on desired factor exposures, themes, or portfolio optimization techniques.
- Conduct analysis using the HOLT framework to generate industry and company specific insights for clients. This entails building a sound knowledge of both the HOLT framework and the economics of various sectors.
- Understand market signals and how they apply to the fundamental and quantitative investment process.
- Build and maintain a client network through client meetings, conferences, and bespoke projects to drive client impact.
- Collaborate with a wide range of teams within Credit Suisse (Equity Research, Prime Services, Derivatives, Cash Sales, etc.) to build incremental business.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- We are looking for a candidate with real passion for the market and interest in learning and applying our advanced equity valuation framework. You are able to demonstrate in interest in the stock market, quantitative investing, portfolio construction, and individual company analysis.
- You have a BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, or other technical field. MBA or PhD a plus.
- Deep knowledge of accounting and finance. CFA, CFA or CRM (or progress toward) are considered a plus.
- 2 -5 years meaningful industry experience on the buy side, sell side, or FinTech.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Experience with quantitative investing and portfolio construction a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and strong interpersonal skills (individual interaction as well as presentations to large groups).
- Experience with FactSet, Bloomberg, Axioma (or other Risk Model), or S&P Clarifi a plus.
- Experience with R and other statistical or data analysis or visualization tools/languages a plus.
- Experience with analyzing large data sets is a plus.