Global Markets Equities Business Line CRO Risk Manager
Global Markets (GM) CRO Risk Manager covering the GM Equities businesses. This role would be part of the team (GM EQ Business Line CRO or GM EQ BLCRO) responsible for covering the EQ Cash (inc. Primary ECM and Secondary Trading), Prime Services and Convertibles. GM EQ BLCRO serves as a single point of accountability across Risk facing Front Office (FO) providing a holistic view of risk (predominantly market, but incl. liquidity, credit and operational), responsible for business strategy exposures, limits, and risk mitigation, developing and owning of the business risk appetite framework, and ensuring business operation consistent with risk and local requirement/policies and CS's long term strategies. The applicant will need to have a strong quantitative background combined with deep understanding of financial markets (particularly in the credit space) and risk management experience. DIVISION:
The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Division acts as guardian of the bank's risk appetite and provides effective and independent risk oversight: Challenge and purposefully engage with the business in crafting its risk profile, strengthening the first Line of Defense (LoD) and aligning its strategy execution with shareholders' and regulatory requirements. Maintain a comprehensive bank-wide risk appetite framework and run well-controlled risk processes ensuring an effective bank-wide second LoD. Position CRO function as competent, reliable and, where appropriate, challenging counterpart vis-à-vis regulatory authorities globally. Provide partners with openness on all risk-related matters and ensure timely assessment and critical issue. Continuously strengthen the risk function by attracting, developing and retaining top talents and foster continuous learning throughout the organization. Drive the continuous enhancement and efficiency improvement of risk-related systems and infrastructure. GM, IBCM CRO, CUSO/CIB CRO:
provides independent risk oversight for Global Markets and IBCM divisions, the Intermediate Holding Company in the US and its subsidiaries as well as New York, Cayman, Nassau and Toronto Branches of Credit Suisse AG. The CRO defines US risk management framework for the CRO Global Markets/Investment Banking and Capital Market (GM/IBCM) and CSH USA and relevant US legal entities in close collaboration with the US CEO and the Legal Entity Board of Directors. The CRO GM/IBCM and CSH USA is directly responsible for the oversight of market, credit, operational, fiduciary and enterprise risk for combined US operations and maintains direct control of the CRO GM/IBCM and CSH USA resources required to execute the combined US operations mandate.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- You have experience in Financial industry and specifically Equity markets, such as equities, equity derivatives and equity capital market, trading and capital market background would be a plus.
- Deep knowledge in market risk management process and risk mitigation, including risk/capital calculation, aggregation, modeling, risk review and challenge, risk appetite, risk ID etc.
- You have an understanding of all other related risk types and risk management process, from operational risk, liquidity risk, credit risk, reputational risk and regulatory risk.
- Strong analytic skills to provide risk deep dives, analysis and reviews.
- You possess the ability to discuss and present topics with senior level risk managers and provide appropriate risk review/challenge and deep risk insight to FO counterparties.
- Ability to drive risk infrastructure, mitigation and modeling improvement to adept to evolving demand of risk functions.
- Good knowledge in related global/regional regulation / regulatory requirement, such as CCAR, DFAST and FRTB.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- FRM or CFA certification a plus