- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Global Market Manager - Financial Institutions
Global Market Manager - Financial Institutions
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Business Management and Admin
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18066294
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
As a member of the Global Financial Institutions team, the individual will support the growth of the global FI deposit portfolio - which contributes $127bn to the TTS balance sheet and is a significant driver of revenues for the FI business.
In addition, the individual will support the development of the Fintech client segment an emerging growth area for FI-TTS.
Support the global FI sales team to meet deposit targets and manage the deposit portfolio for FI's globally:
• Navigate complex regulatory and return metrics as well as Citi's balance sheet pressures (limited capacity, transfer pricing dynamics that impact ultimate client pricing, LCR goals, etc.), to optimize deposits across the FI segment
• Work in partnership with the Liquidity Management Services product team and the Global FI Sales team to identify sales targets, support sales calling efforts by analyzing client data, drive strategic liquidity initiatives, and create a consistent and positive client experience.
Support the growth efforts for the Fintech segment
• Research and identify market opportunities, develop sales targets and metrics,
• Work with Cash Product Management to develop solution toolkits and appropriate messaging for the segment.
• support in-business compliance and on-boarding efforts.
This role sits at the center of a geographically and culturally diverse team, and will interact with different countries and functions on a daily basis:
• You'll gain an understanding of how culture impacts communication and how to navigate across Citi's network.
• You'll gain insight into other teams and how they operate: working with sales to understand clients, operations to understand how we execute payments and trade, service to understand technical issues and problem solving skills.
• You will work with managing customer data - from service and transaction reports to survey responses to financials that yield an overall picture of our clients' business with us, and drawing insights from that to create plans for improvement.
Possible transitions include: Becoming a Correspondent Banker, entering TTS Product Management, or moving to a role in Client Operations.
• 2-3 years' experience
• Knowledgeable about financial services
• Excellence required in Excel, PowerPoint and data analysis.
• Experience with cash management products, specifically in LMS and/or payments.
• Comfortable with negotiating and interacting at multiple levels within the organization.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter with ability to work under pressure, and to multi-task.
• Bachelor's degree required