- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Global Head of eCommerce Collections
Global Head of eCommerce Collections
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18048990
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Head of eCommerce Collections will report into the Global Head of Domestic Payments & Receivables. The person in the role will also have a team of their own to help execute the strategy.
The role will require the holder to have a strong commercial and payment system user experience mindset as well as the ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with the global, regional and country product managers.
The key objectives of the role will be as follows:
1. Develop a fully comprehensive C2B collection strategy
2. Identify and Build comprehensive C2B proposition for ecommerce clients including payment gateway, connections to acquiring and alternative payment mechanisms and bank transfers to ensure our network remains relevant in the future(evaluate linkages to Alipay, WEChat, Paytm etc.)
3. Develop and commercialize Request to Pay Proposition including open banking. Create single harmonized interface and value added adjacent services.
4. Drive partnerships with Consumer bank and Markets where applicable
5. Champion client co-creation opportunities via Innovation lab and d10x
6. Enhance and articulate e-commerce proposition across Core Cash
7. Understand the evolving market needs and develop Ecommerce centric solution to capture the rapid growth
8. Identify gaps and prioritize development of solutions needed for ecommerce client
The role is incredibly multi-faceted and demands top class communications skills especially those of listening. It requires exceptional influencing skills, which in the most part will come from a maturity of approach and a thorough analysis and understanding of the issues being dealt with. It is a high profile role and the successful candidate will need to be able to perform under the spotlight and work effectively with all levels of management and functions.
This is a job for someone who is ambitious and determined to succeed but who has learned to temper this with an understanding of how to get the best out of others. It is taken as read that the person will be enthusiastic, pro-active and focused on delivering to a high standard. This is a demanding and challenging role.
The person will have strong payments background and experience with clients and their emering requirements. The person will also need to have proven product management, financial and project management experience and excellent analytical skills.
They will be a self-starter with a great aptitude for juggling many diverse activities at once and prioritization whilst maintaining full ownership. Given the nature of the role and the team, the person must have a genuine desire to change things for the better and to help the Domestic Payments & Receivables team perform a value added role within Global Payments & Receivables and Cash Management as a whole.
- 1) An appreciation of client needs and identifying viable solutions
- (2) Drive product strategy to ensure new and existing Citi products and solutions address the emerging client requirements coming from both traditional and emerging client segments
- (3) Define and drive the build of new capabilities using internal and/or external providers
- (4) Product Commercialization
- - Partnering with relevant units to support and drive market management
- - Identifying and addressing Client Trends through thought leadership material and product packages
- - Extending share of wallet by better articulating our global value proposition
- (5) Determining the pricing framework for applicable products
- (6) Putting in place an effective Operations and Service Model for applicable products
- (7) Risk, Control and Regulatory oversight of applicable products
- (8) Leveraging regional product teams and cross functional partners to ensure Citi's products are made available consistently across the network
- Senior exposure - the role is highly visible and includes regular presentations to senior management
- Global exposure - the candidate will interact with 90+ markets on a regular basis
- Understanding of Cash Management
- Deep knowledge of country Payment infrastructures and key payment applications
- Detailed understanding of Product Management Lifecycle
- Understanding of business requirements of different Client segments
- Understanding of key industry stakeholders including emerging FinTech companies
- Appreciation of the diversity of regulations, market practices and behaviors around the globe
- Exposure to global Client solutioning
- Exposure to a global team structure, leveraging regional and cross functional partners,
including Product, Client Operations, Technology, Compliance, Risk and Legal.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Able to easily produce appropriate, professional and meaningful presentations which can be shared
with Senior Management and Client Organizations
- Have a commercial mindset, capable of understanding how to capture new business opportunities in a
documented business case format
- Able to manage complexity and ambiguity and articulate issues in an easy to understand manner
- Able to forge new and lasting relationships and influence people through a confident and mature
approach in a matrix environment .
- Excellent, confident communication skills, both written and verbal. Comfortable engaging with
colleagues and Clients at all hierarchical levels
- Motivated, result-oriented approach to business with an appreciation for targets and deadlines
- Strong inter-personal skills, able to advocate a position and win people and teams over
- Able to recognize and manage conflict situations for the benefit of Citi and our Clients
- Relevant Bachelors degree
- Post graduate qualification would be ideal (Masters or relevant post graduate qualification)
- Relevant Business Analysis qualification