Global Head of Windows Desktop Engineering
Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
is the technology enabler for our firm. Our services provide a strong, resilient, and stable platform to host business processes while enabling innovation.
We are a global team that provides all infrastructure, end user computing and production support services. Our goal is to provide reliable, resilient, next-generation enterprise technology infrastructure and support that enables BNY Mellon employees to deliver client commitments and business solutions around the world.
As part of TSG, our Workplace Technology team
is responsible for the strategy, engineering, and strategic deployment activities for all end user services, including mobile services, Windows physical and virtual desktop, Mac, Microsoft 365, email, chat, collaboration, and related technologies. Our mission is to articulate the vision for employee productivity and collaboration for the Bank, selective innovative technologies to transform the end user experience.
If you are a technology evangelist with a passion to deliver technology solutions that differentiate BNY Mellon from its competitors, then this is the place for you. The Role
We are seeking a Global Head of Windows Desktop Engineering
. You will have a highly visible executive role requiring exceptional strategic thinking and communication skills. You will have deep subject expertise in all aspects of Windows Desktop Engineering. You will lead a talented team of engineers chartered with the responsibility for the strategy and engineering of the Windows desktop platform (laptop, PC, on-prem virtual desktops and cloud virtual desktops), security, app packaging, configuration management, Citrix and remote access, and all related ecosystem components.
Workplace Technology has an enviable position as one of Microsoft's leading adopters of new technology with extensive engineering partnerships direct to Product Groups. You will enjoy extensive access both with vendors and internal executives, as well as deep integration with our peer Workplace Technology Support organization.
You will own some of the most visible projects in the Bank including critical cyber-security recovery, cloud VDS, Windows 11, remote access services, and management of the strategy for a fleet of 80,000 endpoints. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead strategy and engineering for BNY Mellon's Windows Desktop platform (requiring Executive level gravitas/personality/presence)
- Modulate messaging with Executive Committee at a technical SME level to provide a clear understanding of strategy and execution
- Planning and executing a multi-million dollar budget, and leading teams with multiple levels of sub-managers
- Express an intelligent and thoughtful position on all topics of strategy in relation to End User (not just Windows Desktop), and to participate in a senior leadership team of peers covering Mobile, Email, Collaboration, Real-Time Collaboration, Deployments, Audit, Risk and Real Estate Planning.
Oversees the Infrastructure Engineering function and is responsible for developing and directing execution of strategy for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or infrastrucutre concerns. Leads systems management and integration functions. Owns strategic responsibility to ensure appropriate staffing and organizational structures are in place to meet client needs. Directs strategy for implementing and integrating middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization.. Evaluates current methods and strategies, and leads the implementation of changes and improvements.. Contributes to the achievement of Infrastructure Operations objectives. Manages Infrastructure Support function through group managers. Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within Infrastructure Support. Evaluates current methods and strategies, and leads the implementation of changes and improvements. Provides senior-level consulting in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a senior-level resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Manages multiple complex development projects consistent with long-term IT Plans. Coordinates activities with other IT unit heads. Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within Infrastructure Support. Leads recruitment efforts and manages and develops teams to maximize their collective contributions. Motivates lower level managers to maximize their contributions and encourage professional growth. Responsible for relationships with vendors and executive stakeholders. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 15-20+ years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred 15-20+ years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Extensive experience designing and implementing Microsoft and Citrix vendor production in large, global corporate environments (50k users preferably) with extensive compliance and regulatory requirements
- Extensive experience in managing Global Teams in a large enterprise (prior financial services or equivalent highly regulated industry highly valued)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Hands on technical person that can take ownership of high priority incidents and command respect
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to influence others, gain rapid alignment, and secure support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience engaging with executive stakeholders, including C-suite and Boards of Directors.
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail, able to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Ability to work non-standard work hours due to global nature of role
- X-factor - something that differentiates you via public speaking, career trajectory, broad experience outside of End User Tech
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725} Requisition Number: