Global Head of Compliance Practices
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Oct 18
As the Global Head of Compliance Practices, you will work with the global Compliance team, and key Legal, Risk, and Business colleagues, in delivering six related programs: Compliance Risk Assessment, Compliance Monitoring & Testing, Compliance Training, Policy Management, Regulatory Change monitoring, and Issue Management.
The global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products, including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. We are looking for an experienced person to assume the role of Global Head of Compliance Practices, to develop and run a Global Compliance Practices team, reporting directly to the Firm’s Global Chief Compliance Officer.
What's The Role?
As the Global Head of Compliance Practices, you will work with the global Compliance team, and key Legal, Risk, and Business colleagues, in delivering six related programs: Compliance Risk Assessment, Compliance Monitoring & Testing, Compliance Training, Policy Management, Regulatory Change monitoring, and Issue Management. You will be responsible for centralizing, enhancing and globalizing these disciplines, in a manner that builds on the work done by the current Compliance subject matter experts in each country and region. You will direct, grow, and manage a team dedicated to overseeing and conducting these programs across Bloomberg’s businesses.
We'll Trust You To:
Support the global Chief Compliance Officer, each of the Regional Chief Compliance officers, and Bloomberg’s business by:
- Becoming a member of the Global Compliance management team
- Being a global thought-leader on the subject of Compliance Practices
- Enhancing standards around Compliance Risk Assessment, and coordinating or conducting relevant Risk Assessments, in collaboration with Risk colleagues
- Strengthening Compliance Monitoring & Testing, and coordinating or conducting relevant monitoring and testing routines on a risk-focused basis
- Building on our standards around Training development, including establishing a training needs-assessment process, and globalizing the Compliance-training development and dissemination process
- Enhancing standards around Compliance Policy management, including the form, accessibility, and content of our Compliance Policies
- Enhancing the protocol for regulatory change management monitoring and tracking
- Developing our protocol for Compliance issue management, including metrics for Compliance management, and relevant KRIs/KPIs,
- Effectively and efficiently recruiting, managing, and mentoring talent on key Compliance practices issues, in order to motivate and build a team
- Present directly to senior management on the above programs
You’ll Need To Have:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Compliance, Legal, and/or Risk Management
- Substantial expertise in Compliance practices, including Compliance Risk Assessment, Compliance Monitoring & Testing, Compliance Training, Policy Management, Regulatory Change monitoring, and/or Issue Management
- In-depth understanding of regulatory risk management, internal controls, and root cause analysis
- Ability to simplify difficult concepts and challenges by thinking analytically
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts, and coordinating with several partners across our company
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- The ability to work creatively and efficiently, to build a program that’s deeply practical, risk-focused, and conscious of business and control partners’ needs
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence, to guide organizational change and collaborate with key partners across various levels
We'd love to see:
- Experience interacting directly with U.S. and overseas regulators
- International experience, especially in U.K or the E.U.
- Experience managing a dynamic team.
- J.D., or other advanced degree
- Experience with operational risk management
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.