Global Head of Commercial Excellence
Global Head of Commercial Excellence Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only): 15/16 The Location:
US or UK
As the Global Head of Commercial Excellence, you will collaborate with our SPDJI CEO, Chief Commercial Officer and leadership team to develop a compelling go-to-market strategy, adapting proactively to the changing macro environment and dynamic opportunities in the global marketplace. You will be an ambassador for the SPDJI brand and lead with a strategic approach to client engagement, enhancing the end-to-end client experience from driving business growth to sales conversion, and post-sales support. You will leverage digital approaches, deepen customer and market insights, and lead with a data and metrics driven orientation. You will partner with the SPDJI leadership team to deliver mid-to high single digit top line growth.
You will lead, inspire, develop, and grow a center of commercial excellence that includes marketing, research, sales operations, post-sales support, and build new capabilities including client data analytics and pricing expertise. You will cultivate a high-performance culture of client-centrism, disciplined execution, collaboration, innovation, and integrity. You will strengthen commercial operations to drive greater efficiency and strengthen controls. Responsibilities: Go-to-Market Strategy:
Client Experience and External Relationships:
- Lead SPDJI's brand, channel (direct and indirect) and product marketing globally, focused on key strategic pillars (e.g. reinforce focus on key accounts, growth in international markets, ESG, etc.).
- Work with Chief Commercial Officer to develop a top to bottom market segmentation and deeper understanding of customer needs and competitive positioning using data-driven and quantitative approach.
- Define/refine company-wide pricing policies and guidelines - providing account-level pricing intelligence and ensure pricing governance.
- Support enhancement of investment and commercial research capabilities with a commercial lens to proactively support go-to-market activities, building SPDJI's position as thought leader in indices investment strategies across all asset classes and products.
- Establish Commercial Data Analytics capability to enable data-driven decision making on commercial opportunities
- Reach and connect with customer segments through digital/social, print collateral, event, and other non-traditional media channels in addition to traditional events-based marketing.
- Ensure outsourced creative efforts achieve goals, best partners are being used, and industry/functional best practices are adopted.
- Defend and extend SPDJI's strong brand equity value beyond indices to broader financial services/fintech and oversee global branding and messaging.
People & Operating Model
- Build dedicated Sales Operations capability to enhance our end-to-end sales process
- Expand inbound Client Service team into dynamic, digitally driven client engagement center with inbound & outbound/ lead generation capability.
- Leverage client data from Salesforce and digital marketing properties to inform efforts across SPDJI (Sales, Marketing, Research, Product). o Institute and track metrics to measure awareness, reputation, NPS, brand "stickiness" across key audience segments, and customer satisfaction ratings
- Serve as a voice of the customer, providing external insights to the leadership team.
- Drive and enable strategic partnerships with key external parties, e.g. advertising agencies, branding consultants, media channels.
Financial & Operations
- Lead and inspire a high-performing global Client Experience / Engagement team.
- Support change management and ensure cohesive integration of existing functions (e.g. Marketing and Research) into the commercial organization.
- Hire, develop, upskill, & retain A player talent with competencies for the future (e.g., digital).
- Delegate and empower with the right structures, goals, metrics, resourcing to drive alignment and results.
- Foster greater openness, transparency and collaboration between Marketing, Research, Sales, Product, Communications, and across S&P Global.
- Develop KPIs, dashboards and other metrics tied to the financial goals of the overall business
- Partner with Chief Commercial Officer, sales leaders, Marketing, and key account managers to align focus and distribution of channel and account-level marketing spend
- Partner with internal stakeholders to create a balanced approach to compliance & risk
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $180,100 to $499,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Qualifications: Industry/customer knowledge:
- 15+ years of commercial leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA and/or CFA degree preferred
- Extensive industry knowledge about most impactful trends and future direction of the core index, asset, wealth and capital markets industries
- Established brand and reputation in the index industry ecosystem and viewed as a thought leader
Critical leadership competencies:
- Held a senior position in a global company with multi-country responsibility and demonstrated cross-cultural effectiveness
- Effectively lead a successful global salesforce organization
- Demonstrated ability to design, drive and pace organizational change and bring others along o Demonstrated ability to harness client data and digital marketing potential to transcend client awareness into demand for new solutions o Experience interfacing and negotiating with senior level stakeholders o Experience leading through Mergers and Acquisitions
- Risk management and development of governance frameworks aligned with the Commercial function
S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Ability to understand and balance short-term targets while achieving longterm growth for the business
- Analytical acumen and ability to leverage data for insights
- Ability to delegate and empower the right people, set up the right structures, goals and metrics, and set high standards and move fast o Must be able to collaborate with peers as part of a cross-functional senior leadership team and as a partner to key stakeholders
- Ability to navigate the complexities of a global matrix organization, JV board, and multiple stakeholders
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities. S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com. S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
MRKTNG102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
262805 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States