Global Fund Finance - GSO Closed End Fund, Analyst
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $430 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit: Global Fund Finance
Job Title: Analyst
- Overseeing daily NAV for close-ended and interval funds and month-end portfolio reconciliation process; investigating and resolving discrepancies with administrators and internal operations teams
- Preparing and reviewing operating expense budgets, monthly expense payments (including 12b-1 payments from the funds) and monitoring budgeted versus actual expenses Preparing and reviewing customized reporting for shareholder activity, reimbursement/recoupment expense calculations and calculation of any asset-based fees such as management fees
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial statements in line with U.S. GAAP and ensuring timely SEC regulatory filings (e.g. N-PORT, N-CSR, and N-CEN)
- Overseeing the preparation of calculations and managing wire payments for monthly tender redemptions and dividend distributions Reviewing fund legal documents and assisting in building processes and templates
- Liaising with the Investor Relations and Operation teams to review and enhance internal and investor reporting
- Assisting in review of monthly investor statements
- Coordinating with administrator, transfer agent, and external auditors for the fiscal year-end audit process
- Overseeing and reviewing the work of the offshore team
- Advanced Excel skills required
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience, preferably Big 4 and asset management
- CPA preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, including commitment to excellence in work product
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Independent worker/ proactive self-starter
- Strong desire to learn
- PowerPoint knowledge preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.