Global Fund Finance – Residential Mortgage Accounts (BREDS), Associate/AVP
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit: Global Fund Finance
Job Title: Associate/Assistant Vice President
- Overseeing reconciliation and close process for Blackstone investment vehicles that invest directly in residential mortgage loans and other mortgage related assets such as mortgage servicing rights and residential mortgage backed securities
- Overseeing administrators, reviewing work of offshore team, and liaising with various internal teams to review and enhance internal and external reporting
- Preparing and reviewing capital calls and distribution
- Preparing and reviewing expense allocations and payments
- Reviewing financial statements and regulatory reporting
- Coordinating with external auditors for the year-end audit process
- Preparing and reviewing forecasts, performance estimates, attributions, Board of Director meeting materials, and other ad-hoc projects
- Assisting in review of investor statements, quarterly investment letters, and internal reporting
- Maintaining accounting related data (capital, expenses, P&L) in internal systems
- 7-9 years of public accounting with exposure to residential mortgages / private residential mortgage experience, preferably Big 4 experience
- CPA preferred
- Experience with loan accounting, historical cost accounting, and fair value accounting
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills required
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, including commitment to excellence in work product
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Independent worker / proactive self-starter
- Strong desire to learn
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.