- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Global FXLM - Business Risk Senior Officer - VP/ SVP
Global FXLM - Business Risk Senior Officer - VP/ SVP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18072245
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
To work as part of the Global FXLM Supervision & Support Unit (SSU) with a primary focus on in business oversight of trading and sales activity.
SSU is part of the FXLM business, providing 'first line of defense' controls and supervision. Working in partnership with sales and trading management to enhance the control environment.
The role is designed for an individual with trading experience in the wholesale interbank markets, preferably with a FX, Rates or Futures background.
The role will have a particular focus on enhanced monitoring of trading patterns, execution of clients orders, orderly market execution in both voice and electronic business
This role requires extensive liaison with multiple functions within the business and support functions at all levels, including Technology, Compliance, Risk, Finance, Operations, Middle Office and Legal.
Delivery against the key responsibilities, remit and control processes of the team, ensuring strong oversight of sales and trading activity is in place for the region.
- Partner with all sales and trading heads to implement enhanced monitoring of trading patterns, execution of clients orders, orderly market execution in both voice and electronic business
- Identification of key risks and controls within the business including but not limited to : market conduct, appropriateness of pricing, platform execution behavior, appropriate sales and trading conduct
- Provide guidance to FXLM Sales and Trading staff, acting as a trusted advisor on the appropriate way to interact in the market and with our clients.
- Ownership of specific supervisory controls and monitoring, ensuring all appropriate actions have been undertaken and can be clearly demonstrated to independent reviewers such as Internal Audit and Regulators as required.
- Development of effective reporting to highlight emerging risks or concerns for management to address.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Global FXLM businesses, its products and processes and how it operates within a large organisation.
- Build a deep understanding of the evolving regulatory landscape and how it impacts the business
- Develop a global network of contacts within FXLM and Infrastructure groups
- Exposure to senior management and the role of a trusted advisor within the business
- Exposure & partnership with Business Management team and involvement in other global projects
- Build effective prioritization skills as the job entails dealing with multiple conflicting priorities in a time pressure environment.
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity for future career progression within the Global Markets business.
- Deep product expertise with a solid working knowledge of end to end product flows of one or more FXLM Asset Classes preferred
- Minimum of 5 years trading experience in financial markets preferably with a FX, Rates or Futures background
- Strong understanding of the regulatory landscape governing financial markets
- Excellent communications skills (written / verbal) at all organizational levels
- Results/task orientated with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to mange and prioritize effectively and resolve conflicting priorities
- Ability to work well as part of a team and autonomously
- High level of computer literacy especially in the Microsoft Office product suite
- Ability to interact concisely and confidently with senior business leaders
- Excellent academic background educated to a minimum of degree level or sufficient industry experience
- Communication / Relationship building
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle abstract data concepts
- Creativity in solution design & implementation
- Team work
- Prioritization / Initiative