Global Equity Analyst - Asset Management
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a VP, Global Equity Analyst who will be focusing on multiple sectors and will be reporting directly to the Portfolio Manager. 2 - 5+ years of buy-side equity research experience in the healthcare and / or technology sectors is an ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT as long as one has additional research experience in those sectors within sell-side research or investment banking or business experience within those sectors.
Vice President, Global Equity Analyst
About the Team
The goal of the firm’s Global Equity team is to create diversified stock portfolios which provide investor returns through ownership of companies which generate high returns on capital and reinvest their free cash flow for growth.
- Analyze global companies suggested by the firm's screen and determine their suitability for the strategy. The successful candidate should be flexible, and willing to work within the framework of the investment process. Valuation is relevant but the analyst's primary concern is understanding a firm's source of competitive advantage and its sustainability, which should drive high returns on invested capital.
- Perform thorough fundamental analysis of a company’s competitive and financial position; including its return profile, barriers to entry and future growth expectations. Coverage responsibilities will span geographies and industries.
- Develop and communicate investment recommendations based on comprehensive industry and company research through various sources of information, including annual reports, networking with industry contacts as well as interviews with senior management.
- Assist in the continued build out of the strategy, including detailed analysis of stocks across multiple sectors and participating in internal and external presentations. Key to the strategy is the analyst’s skill in honing in on companies that generate free cash flow and are able to achieve consistently high returns on invested capital and adequate growth rates.
- 2 - 5+ years of buy-side equity research experience in technology or healthcare sectors while having a demonstrable track record of success in stock selection
- Investment banking and/or business experience in technology or healthcare sectors would be considered in combination with buy-side equity research experience.
- A highly evolved skill set in developing a view point on a company as a result of detailed financial models and company research.
- Capacity to function with minimal supervision while providing appropriate and meaningful feedback to senior management on issues/challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, adapt to an entrepreneurial group, and to think and act independently.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills, with the ability to communicate in a timely and investment-relevant manner.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial statements, models and our disciplined approach to investing.
- BA/BS. MBA and/or CFA are a plus