Global Credit Products Market Risk Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Group overview
Global Markets CRO Risk Manager covers the US Global Credit Products secondary trading and the financing businesses and reporting to the GCP Business Line CRO. This role would be member of the team responsible for covering the US trading desks (Investment Grade Trading, Leveraged Finance Trading, etc.) and financing businesses (Customer Asset Financing, Credit Repo, etc.). The applicant will need to have a strong communication skills and a quantitative background combined with an understanding of financial markets (particularly in the credit space) and risk management fundamentals and derivative pricing concepts including MTM, P&L attribution and Greeks.
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Analysis of positions and trades
- Manage by tasks taking in account the host of new capital measures and understanding their impact across existing and proposed trading strategies
- Identification of potential-loss scenarios
- Work with Central Teams on Stress Testing scenario development and results analysis (CCAR, LPA etc.)
- Specification of loss-mitigating or profit improving strategies and hedges,
- P&L analysis and diagnostics
- New product and business risk analysis
- Establishment of significant risk and reward metrics for evaluating capital allocation and setting risk limits.
The Risk Manager will develop methodologies, analytics and technology, demonstrating off existing firm risk infrastructure and working in partnership with Trading, Quant Methodology teams, technology and other corporate functions. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive proactive or "offensive" risk management for the business, provide dynamic risk analysis, improve risk capabilities and ensure appropriate return hurdles are met, which includes:
- Development of new ways to measure, interpret, and manage risk; supporting the business understanding of risks outside the normal business as usual framework
- Develop tools and techniques to fully understand key drivers and indicators of risk; Links between Market behavior, Positions, & PnL
- Helps to optimize the allocation of risk budgets and limit allocations, including RWA, capital, balance sheet and VaR
- Identify and lead "book vulnerability" analysis along with periodic business level deep dives.
- Develop analytics to assist in the setting of model parameters which are not market observables
- Challenge preconceptions about how risk should be measured, hedged or priced
- Assess and approve new complex transactions in a fast paced environment as part of the Pre Trade Approval process
Improve our “defensive” risk management, monitor the various sources of risk, help build and monitor risk limits, includes:
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Help to develop and improve appropriate tools and reports to manage the risks on the desk, including market risk overviews and detailed market risk exposures
- Be familiar with the details of the group’s positions and spot inconsistencies in trading and risk.
- Ensure that all the relevant (market) risks are captured and represented accurately in our risk systems.
- Capture Profit & Loss attribution and risk changes and investigate inconsistencies
- Understand and gather sources of model risk throughout the business and monitor event/scenario risk
- Assist with complex trade reviews
- Equivalent experience of 10+ years in trading and/or quantitative risk management /analysis in credit markets!
- Master’s degree in a quantitative subject area (Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Physics etc.) preferred!
- Need to be comfortable doing some tactical software development to work with existing technology/modeling infrastructure; C++/.NET experience is a plus.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.