Global Client Support Manager
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Williamson & Young
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
The Global Client Support Manager will be coaching and mentoring a team of support representatives that services our enterprise voice applications. The effectiveness and efficiency of the client support team will fall on your shoulders. You will be integral in setting the service standards and key performance metrics that your team will adhere to for the team to be successful. You will be monitoring and managing the phone and ticket queues.
Global Client Support Manager
As the Client Support Manager, you will be tasked with scheduling the staff to meet the business needs. Additionally, you will facilitate weekly team meetings to share lessons learned, address upcoming production changes. Also, it will be your responsibility to regularly brief management on business plans, support plans, and metrics. This is a fast-paced environment that seeks creative perfectionists with a passion for quality work.
- Lead Global Customer Help Desk teams to support all of our client facing systems.
- Manage our global service desk operations through effective processes and tooling and provide incident transparency while ensuring rapid response to service issues.
- Be a customer service champion and coach the team on how to strive for and achieve excellence.
- Assist in a hands-on capacity and work with customers directly as needed on a daily basis.
- Ensure we can effectively report on and are adhering to our Client SLAs. Prepare weekly customer response reports for the Sales team and senior management.
- Support our service philosophy to empower customer self service and support capabilities.
- Focus on objectives and establish standards that will allow us to provide customers with a consistent global service experience during a predicted period of subscriber growth.
- Determine customer support strategies by conducting needs assessments, review weekly performance reports, identifying and evaluating technologies to improve service response.
- Define support requirements for management system and customer portal. Document those requirements to engineering and product management groups for development roadmap planning.
- Ensure Team is logging all new issues and activities received at the help desk accurately and efficiently. Tickets must reflect all problems solved during a call and provide clear documentation so inquiries can be traced to the source.
- Work with the local and regional teams to cross-pollenate customer service desk best practices and processes throughout the customer support lifecycle.
- Supervise Global team of 8-12 employees and monitor performance of individuals.
- Support human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in our support group; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing help desk policies and procedures.
- Identify potential system/software bugs through analysis of customer service response reports. Communicate trends to engineering and product management groups.
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
- 5+ years operational leadership experience supporting & managing IT customer service, help desk, and technical support for 24x7 mission-critical applications.
- 3+ years of experience in management or supervisory capacity while displaying an ownership mentality.
- Service Desk Certification (ITIL, HDI, and similar) required. Other relevant certifications will be considered, OR you must demonstrate you possess equivalent professional experience and achieve a certification within the first three months of employment.
- Hands on experience delivering and supporting software product to customers.
- Understand and champion industry best practices of service desk management.
- Experienced in managing ticketing and reporting systems, alerting & escalation, can implement time-series/real-time metrics dashboards.
- Able to quickly obtain a deep understanding of the company’s infrastructure and applications.
- Ability to effectively manage, mentor, and train a team of support representatives
- Technical troubleshooting capabilities & strong telephony experience
- Charismatic personality with strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to peers and leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline.