Global Account Manager FSIG
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· Support the vision and growth aspirations for the FSIG business.
· Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy (working with the coverage team including product partners) for the designated FSIG client portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
o Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (Revenues, Costs, Return on Risk Weighted Assets, etc). FSIG will be tasked with double digit growth target for the foreseeable future.
o Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk. Business
· Actively identify client needs across the full set of SCB product capabilities, originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes, selectively developing new relationships where required. Business scope covers client needs at investor level and includes each client's portfolio and investee companies where applicable.
· Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients at senior level, promoting a move away from 'transactional' reactive client coverage to consistent value-added partner/trusted advisor status.
· Anticipate clients' needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate, and in close collaboration with FSIG Transaction Development.
· Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst enhancing and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level, including clients' portfolio and investee companies.
· Bring strategic thought and vision as to how the Financial and Strategic Investors' landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie relevant to the client portfolio.
· Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed personally and within the team.
· Professionally represent Standard Chartered Bank at the highest levels within region and internationally. Processes
· Proactively work with the designated client portfolio, ensuring:
1) Close ties exist with key stakeholders e.g. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance, Risk, Country CEOs, Global Banking Teams, Commercial Banking Teams, COBAM, Service Delivery, etc.
2) Risks are appropriately identified and managed as per CIB policies and standards.
3) The team is suitably trained with respect to understanding of the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute and, where possible, influencing policy formulation.
4) Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the Global Banking team.
5) All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with CIB standards i.e. Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management, static data management as applicable for the role.
· Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
People and Talent
· Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
· Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks. Risk Management
· Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, providing proactive advice to clients as identified. Coach and manage members of the team in these matters and ensure they are adequately trained in and cognizant of regulatory, reputational, and ethical risks.
· Embed the Group's values and code of conduct and develop a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among team members.
· Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder's attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate escalation to the Regional Head of Financial and Strategic Investors Group, Global Head of Financial and Strategic Investors Group, Regional / Country Banking Heads and Group/governance committees, as appropriate. Governance
· Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
· Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner. Regulatory & Business Conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Lead the FSIG team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters. Key Stakeholders
Regional Head of FSIG Americas, Global Head of FSIG, Regional Head of Global Banking Americas, senior product partners across Financial Markets, Corporate Finance, Transaction Banking. Senior members of Global FSIG team. Regional Head of CIB. Senior stakeholders across Legal, Risk, and Compliance when appicable. Other Responsibilities
· Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
Bachelor's degree required
MBA preferred. CFA, while not a requirement, is preferred.
10+ years of relevant banking experience
Series 7, 79, 63 as deemed required by local compliance
Detailed understanding of FSIG clients and their ecosystem
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .