Geospatial Analyst II
IHS Markit, Premier Data Services seeks a Geospatial Analyst I able to acquire, translate, maintain, analyze, interpret, and input spatial and tabular database information to produce professional cartographic products; as well assisting in providing a top quality service to IHS Markit, Premier Data Services' clients. Principal Accountabilities
- Compile geographic data from various sources.
- Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data.
- Provide expertise in GIS (Geographic Information System) related applications.
- Interpret cadastral survey plat information, particularly emphasis in the Public Land Survey System (PLSS).
- Manage and apply GIS production standards.
- Generate professional cartographic products and tabular reports showing status to illustrate problem areas or indicate where additional information is required.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Sound analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong work ethic and professionalism.
- Good listener.
Education & Experience
- Self-starting / Motivated.
- Reliable, will meet deadlines, take pride in work.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Knowledge of GIS Tools and applications (special consideration given to proficiency in Arc Pro)
- Ability to make sound editing decisions related to final product presentation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in use of MS Office applications.
- Experience with ESRI's Parcel Fabric for ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro.
- Experience/Knowledge in survey methods and applications including GPS technology, Least Squares Adjustments, and AutoCAD.
- Experience linking and integrating data from multiple sources and maintaining information related to source and accuracy. This will also include making appropriate decisions based upon documented data quality and/or source.
- Knowledge of Public Land Survey System (PLSS) and other cadastral/land records information.
- Strong understanding of cadastral surveying procedures.
- Experience with the Bureau of Land Management's corporate business processes, federal land records and title, resource management practices and planning; is desirable.
- Experience with Python, Arcade, SQL, VB script.
- University degree (Bachelors or equivalent) in GIS/Geography or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working with geospatial data and applications.
- Solid working knowledge of ArcGIS, and any other GIS software/applications.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.