GSO - Valuations, Associate
Job Description: Valuations Analyst - GSO Finance
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit Overview: GSO Capital Partners LP is the global credit investment platform of Blackstone. With approximately $132 billion of assets under management, GSO is one of the largest alternative managers in the world focused on the leveraged-finance, or non-investment grade related, marketplace. GSO seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns in its business by investing in a broad array of strategies including mezzanine debt, distressed investing, leveraged loans and other special-situation strategies. Its funds are major providers of credit for small and middle-market companies and they also advance rescue financing to help distressed companies.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
This position will assist in the GSO Valuation process for the GSO managed funds.
- Building and maintaining valuation models to support the quarterly valuation process
- Supporting the GSO monthly and quarterly valuation process, working with the investment teams and finance teams and coordinating with the 3rd party independent valuation specialist
- Adhering to best practices in development of valuation methodologies, including compliance with ASC 820 Fair Value guidance[
- Performing analysis to incorporate all relevant information to the valuation process including analysis of the transaction structure, the modeling and methodology adopted, available market data and/or any proxies considered appropriate, applicable reserves/valuation adjustments and any relevant regulatory, risk or accounting considerations
- Analysis and formal communication of key valuation results, issues and risks to the Valuation Committee on a monthly basis
- Assisting with the implementation and ongoing operations of the portfolio company and investment database (iLevel) to support LP reporting
- Supporting the year-end audit valuation testing by responding to audit inquiries relating to valuation models and related documentation
- 4-6 years' valuation experience at a top tier public accounting firm, third party valuation provider, or investment bank/asset manager
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Progress towards a finance-related professional qualification (i.e. CFA, CPA) preferred
- Knowledge of private investment valuation
- Knowledge of financial instrument valuation and risks measurement in a complex product area
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- A strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and meet demanding deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.