GSAM Technology - DAS Digital Experience Developer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 21 Oct 18
GSAM Technology - DAS Digital Experience Developer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world's leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the
business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Digital Advise Solutions (DAS) business cover mass affluent market by building an Automated Digital Advice Platform. DAS leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to service clients. This platform helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service. DAS Digital team of engineers develops integrated, web & mobile based solutions with detailed information on their financial portfolio & analytics, social collaboration platform and access to GS services and insights. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems and have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• This role offers the opportunity to work on a small, nimble team of developers supporting the firm's mulitple award-winning public website, GoldmanSachs.com. Candidates will work directly a variety of stakeholders, including leading visual design and advertising agencies, the firm's Brand and Content Strategy team in the Executive Office, and internal clients around the firm on evolving and executing on the firm's digital strategy.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong knowledge of front-end Web development, with specific experience executing sophisticated visual designs and interactions.
• Expert-level skills in HTML and CSS (preferably using SASS, LESS, or PostCSS).
• Impeccable attention to detail, with a particular eye towards executing new functionality against an existing set of technical standards and within a design's visual grammar.
• Experience working with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Experience collaborating with UX professionals and visual designers. The ideal candidate will be flexible enough to execute new experiences based on ad hoc requests, wireframes, completed visual design comps, or HTML/CSS/JS handoffs.
• Experience coding accessible websites and/or with semantic HTML5.
• Experience with contemporary Web animation and visualization libraries and frameworks (e.g., CSS3, D3, etc.)
• Design or UX experience is not required, but is a plus.
• Server-side development skills, particularly in Java or a similar object-oriented language.
• Experience working with content management systems and/or developing for CMS-managed sites.
• Demonstrated experience working in an environment calling for frequent, high-quality delivery.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.