GIR Tech - Digital Software Engineer - Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. Our Impact
Our team of engineers are developing cutting-edge systems for some of the industry's most complex problems. We enable Goldman Sachs' research analysts to model investment ideas efficiently and accurately, whilst ensuring that clients can access these ideas when, where and how they choose. GIR Engineers leverage the latest in cloud, mobile and big data technologies to help define and deliver our digital investment research strategy. GIR Engineers are critical to our business.
Harnessing cutting edge technology we ensure our business is serviced by industry defining software tailored to their needs. Being current and commercial in our content provision and with our bespoke web platform we are breaking new ground as pioneers in the Digital content domain. As part of this digital transformation, you'll lead the next phase of this exciting project, with a strong emphasis on interactive HTML5 media, analytics and multi-channel content distribution.
As an Engineer, you will collaborate with software engineers from around the world to deploy and operate GIR systems. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes with a focus on security. We use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless post mortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work. GIR's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success.
Many greenfield opportunities await the successful candidate which will be built upon a proven foundation. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• We work on a diverse set of Technology platforms
• We sit with our business users and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 7+ years' core java development experience within digital media / publications
• Committed focus on product development and delivery
• An intitutive analytical and problem solving mind-set
• Proven record of working across the full product lifecycle: requirements clarification and analysis, producing high level and detailed designs, implementing complex Java modules and providing support
• Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
• Agile methodologies Preferred Qualifications
• Use of an object-oriented language and a familiarity of design patterns
• Experience working in a global team ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.