Futures Execution Trader
- Base & Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- NYC Macro Hedge Fund
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
Junior to mid-level professional with trading experience
We are a New York City based macro commodities hedge fund. While our focus is commodity futures, we also trade a range of currency, equity, and fixed income instruments.
We are looking for an experienced execution trader to monitor the trading of our strategies. The ideal candidate will be a junior to mid-level professional who has experience operating trading software. (we are not looking for discretionary traders or traders who want to deploy their own strategy)
Frequent interaction with traders, quants, and senior management will be required so communication and collaboration skills are essential.
We only trade US hours.
- Monitor trade execution using trading software.
- Maintain and upgrade existing spreadsheets and trading tools.
- Work closely with operations team and PB's to assure proper trade allocations and resolve breaks.
- Monitor the behavior of execution algorithms and partner with quants and senior management to improve execution quality and reduce market impact.
- Interact with bank dealing desks to source liquidity if needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned such as ad hoc report generation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 1 year of trading desk experience.
- Strong general programming background, VBA required and at least two other programming languages
- Understanding of Order Management and Execution Management Systems.
- Familiarity with the mechanics of securities markets, exchanges, and execution algos.
- Excellent communication skills, self-starter, quick learner, positive attitude, and team player.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be detail oriented with very strong organizational and communication skills.
- A proven record of success in high-detail, high-pressure environments.
- Demonstrable reliability, judgment, responsibility.
- Interest in financial markets and trading.