Funds and Asset Managers - Director
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings’ Funds & Asset Management group is responsible for fund ratings analysis, criteria and model development, and publication of timely research on analytical and regulatory developments affecting funds and the asset management sector. The group analyzes and provides research on private equity fund securitizations, leveraged closed end funds, money market funds, bonds funds, local government investment pools, and asset managers.
The individual who fills this position will help lead coverage of the group’s subsectors, with a particular focus on private equity fund securitizations. As such, we are looking for a candidate who has a demonstrated understanding and keen interest in financial markets, with direct exposure to the private equity sector and/or structured finance transactions a plus. Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a good command of Excel are necessary. Knowledge of Access, SQL, and/or VBA (or another programming language) is a plus.
Primary duties include:
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality, including portfolio analysis
- Participating in on-site review meetings with fund managers
- Developing financial models and databases
- Contributing to research on relevant trends and developments affecting the covered sectors
- Participating in industry events and interacting with investors and other market participants
- Helping mentor and develop junior analysts
- 7-10 years of experience in finance, with exposure to the private equity sector and/or structured finance transactions a plus
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA and/or CFA a plus
- Strong analytical skills and high proficiency in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of initiative and achievement
- Knowledge of Access, SQL, and/or VBA (or another programming language) a plus
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp