Funds Data Analyst
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Bloomberg's Funds Data team is looking for a technologist to join its growing team in New York. There are around half a million funds in the market, each with various structures and characteristics to meet the unique needs of investors. As part of the Funds Data team, you'll work alongside a technical Team Leader to use feedback based on your knowledge of the dataset to enhance the product's data model, configure ETL pipelines, and contribute to a codebase of business rules to ensure that the product's workflows deliver comprehensive, timely, and accurate data to power the Bloomberg Terminal while maintaining a knowledge of funds data through data processing and client engagement. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Use technologies to extract insight from large or complex data sets as needed to make informed business decisions about our datasets
- Work with subject matter experts to enrich the funds data using technical tools
- Maintain a working knowledge of the fund data space by processing data for your assigned fund coverage and answering client questions.
- Leverage knowledge of the funds dataset to configure workflows in a production environment using Bloomberg's data processing technologies
We'd love to see:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Information Systems, Data Science or relevant degree
- Minimum 1-3 years experience working within the data management, FinTech, or technology sectors
- Proficiency with Git, SQL, and Python
- Experience with working with JSON formatted objects
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- An interest in data management and the asset management industry
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) designation
- Prior experience configuring or developing microservices in a business environment.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.