Pzena Investment Management (“PIM”) is a global investment management firm. Established in 1996, Pzena has employed its classic value investment approach for the last 25 years and manages approximately $46 billion in global equity assets. Our team of approximately 120 employees is mostly based in our headquarters in New York City, with offices in the UK and Australia. We seek partners, not just employees, at every level in the firm and are looking for an exceptional new team member to grow with us.
As an engaged member of the Operations team contributing to fulfilling our business goals, you will work closely with members of the Portfolio Accounting, Portfolio Implementation, Trading, Trade Settlement, Legal, Finance and Marketing teams. You will be responsive, accountable, and have a high attention to detail.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Work closely with department heads internally and external third-party administrators to open new PIM funds, add additional share classes, and onboard new investors.
- Lead semi-annual and annual audits across PIM’s suite of funds.
- Act as a primary point of contact and operational expert on all PIM funds for the benefit of the Legal, Marketing, and Finance departments.
- Provide excellent client service to PIM’s fund investors and third-party vendors by meeting reporting deadlines and timely responses to fund related inquiries.
- Maintain accurate books & records through detailed reconciliation of a variety of PIM commingled vehicles so we can properly implement our investment strategy.
- Support the Marketing team with both quantitative and qualitative responses to RFP questions related to PIM’s commingled vehicles.
- Review and maintain prospectuses and other offering documents for accuracy.
- Prepare Irish UCITS Fund reporting with the Operations & Legal teams in advance of quarterly Board of Directors meetings.
Fund Administration & audit – 80-100% per month, depending on experience
- Reconcile fund NAV’s, expense accruals/payments, and performance calculations for PIM’s funds suite daily. This includes calculating performance for certain funds.
- Provide detailed cost analysis and vehicle recommendations to Marketing on potential new funds.
- Stay up to date with global regulatory requirements and assist with completion of required documentation.
- Approve, price and process client subscriptions and redemptions in PIM funds.
- Collaborate with the Finance team and external auditors to complete semi-annual and year-end financial statements for all funds accurately.
- Ensure all PIM funds adhere to their Prospectus/Operating Memorandum by working closely with Fund management companies and third-party administrators.
- Maintain detailed and current investor level information in PIM’s fund investor database.
- Confirm the accuracy of fund related documents prepared by third-party vendors (Factsheets, KIIDS, EPT/EMT, Profile II).
- Launch operational aspects of new fund vehicles; register funds for trading in foreign markets with global custodians and third-party fund administrators.
- Complete all relevant tax documentation for PIM’s commingled funds to ensure reclaims are processed and collected in a timely manner.
Portfolio Accounting – up to 20% per month, depending on experience
- Reconcile cash, transactions, holdings, and accrued income for domestic and multi-currency portfolios daily through Electra Reconciliation automated system.
- Respond to all client inquiries, including request for proposal questionnaires, efficiently and with a high level of client satisfaction.
- Prepare scheduled and ad hoc reports.
- Review and maintain all account documentation and verify inbound and outbound asset transfers.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant role; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; CPA a plus
- Analytical thinking and problem solving; able to balance multiple priorities
- Strong reconciliation skills and proficiency with Excel
- Fund accounting knowledge, experience with 40 Act, UCITS, and CIT funds a plus
- Experience with a portfolio accounting system (InData) and an automated reconciliation system (Electra Reconciliation) a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of foreign exchange transactions a plus
- Problem Solving- ability to identify the cause and effects of issues and investigate existing and external information to come up with appropriate solutions
- Diligence & Attention to Detail—demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitor own work to ensure quality control of all work product
- Interpersonal Skills & Teamwork—a collaborative team player who is highly professional, respectful and honest, open to ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things and roll up their sleeves with the team to do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Dependability— consistently a productive and positive team member, respond to direction and developmental feedback and solicit feedback to improve performance
- Initiative – take ownership and accountability, seek out and/or accept additional responsibilities, able to works towards goals independently with little need for supervision, and motivated
Working with Pzena
We are committed to the success and wellbeing of our employees. We offer benefits to support our employees and their families including many benefits that are fully funded by the firm, such as certain medical plans and FSA and HSA contributions, life insurance, and travel insurance. The firm also makes profit-sharing contributions to employee 401k accounts, contributes to causes important to our employees through firm Charitable Giving and Charitable Matching programs. Additionally, the firm supports the professional growth of our team by offering a Mentorship Program, Lunch & Learns, and sponsoring workgroups and committees to recommend business improvements. We are proud of our culture and enjoy coming together as a firm; you can look forward to team building activities, social events, monthly birthday parties, Pizza Fridays, summer softball league, and recharging with healthy snacks, and more.
PZENA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE VALUE ALL FORMS OF DIVERSITY AND ARE COMMITTED TO FOSTERING AN EQUITABLE AND INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL. WE BELIEVE THAT MULTIPLE POINTS OF VIEW, FROM DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, CONTRIBUTES POSITIVELY TO OUR CULTURE AND WORK. WE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGE CANDIDATES OF ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
To Apply: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3511734