Fund Accountant - Hedge Fund
- 80000 + Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Park Avenue Partners
- 30 Jan 19
Our client is a Hedge Fund, who is one of the leading alternative investment managers engaging in credit, equity, global markets and private investments. The company is growing rapidly and provides a great opportunity to a qualified candidate to be part of a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for day to day accounting of flagship fund and several managed accounts and review reconciliations prepared by senior fund accountants for smaller funds.
- Obtain independent valuation of investments from different pricing vendors and broker quotes, depending on the product to calculate the month end NAV.
- Interact with our operations team to ensure all activity and trades they are booking are being properly accounted for within each portfolio fund and for the proper period.
- Prepare weekly risk report for investment committee to ensure funds are not exceeding risk guidelines.
- Oversee fund audits, including coordination, providing support, and working closely with auditors, reconciling and walking them through the support.
- Assist CFO in due diligence investor meetings and prepare supporting presentations for meetings.
- Respond to any investor queries or questions regarding financial statements through Investor Relations.
- 3+ years of public accounting experience with Financial Services clients and/or accounting experience at a hedge fund, investment manager, fund administrator, or other financial services firm.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive, highly analytical, and a driven self-starter with superior quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills