Fund Accountant - Asset Management
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is looking to hire a Fund Accountant with 5 - 10 years of fund accounting experience in the asset management / hedge fund industries including a strong understanding of fixed income securities. The role is expansionary (not replacing anyone), reports directly to the Head of Distribution Operations and is a great opportunity to interact with multiple groups within the firm and investors / vendors outside the firm while supporting a new and expanding platform of product offerings.
The Fund Accountant will be part of the Distribution Operations team (reporting directly to the Head of Distribution Operations and will be responsible for the oversight of the firm's outsourced service providers, as well as overseeing accounting, reporting, and operational processes in relation to the firm's 40 Act fund range.
- Provide oversight of outsourced service providers as it relates to client reporting, including measuring and monitoring KPIs and overall performance.
- Oversee accounting, reporting, and operational processes in relation to Insight’s 40 Act fund range, and newly launched BCTs.
- Conduct quality control over reports generated by outsourced service providers.
- Oversee month end, and quarter end close and NAV cycles.
- Build and maintain relationships with numerous teams internally; advising the business on accounting, reporting or regulatory requirements relating to Insight’s funds and BCTs.
- Manage relationships with external administrators, vendors and outsourced operations.
- Where applicable maintain relationships with investors; providing reporting and support when required.
- Provide reporting to internal and external counterparties (i.e. fund boards).
- Ensure compliance with internal policy and accounting standards
- Contribute to annual audits and reviews
- Contribute to fund insurance filings
- Lead and complete additional ad-hoc projects as required
- BS or BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 - 10 years of fund accounting experience within the asset management / hedge fund industries
- Strong understanding of fixed income investments and financial markets
- Thorough understanding of accounting, reporting and operational processes in relation to 40 Act Funds and separate accounts
- Background in Fund accounting, or Fund administration
- Experience working for a complex multi-national company
- CPA, or a background in public accounting, is a plus (although not required)