Full Stack Java Developer (Java / Angular / Spring / Open Source)
Description About this role
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an exceptional responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing.
Being a developer at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and also being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
What is Aladdin and the Aladdin Product Group (APG)?
You will be working on BlackRock's investment operating system Aladdin. Aladdin is used both internally and externally by many financial institutions. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
Our development team's sit inside APG. We collaboratively build the next generation of technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets and supports millions of financial instruments. We perform risk calculations and process millions of transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide!
The BlackRock Operations Team (BOS) ensures our corporate, mid- and back-office functions are consistent and efficient across investment products, client channels and regions. With operations all over the world and a range of investment products and services, BlackRock is one of the most complex financial services organizations servicing clients today. In order to achieve operational excellence, BlackRock's operations teams provide technology solutions to internal and external client operations teams including investment accounting, performance measurement, reconciliations, derivatives management, corporate systems and client reporting. The team is responsible for a suite of applications including performance calculation engines, client reporting systems, reconciliation and data publication tools. We innovate incrementally and focus on high level of client service through responsiveness, accuracy and efficiency.
We are seeking a full-stack software engineer with significant experience in backend development using modern service technologies and a strong background in building highly scalable and distributed systems.
You should have a passion for technology and continuous learning, have the ability to adapt to changing requirements, and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deliver high efficiency, high availability, concurrent and fault tolerant software systems
- Be involved in the complete software development life-cycle, including working with the production operations team to prepare and execute releases
- Contribute ideas to the architecture and design of new components and enhancements to existing components
- Work with the business teams to understand requirements, develop solutions, incorporate them into the designs of our components, and be able to defend decisions that were made
- Assist in the support of production software, and handle queries from business teams
- Develop quality, standards, and cross-training via code reviews
- 3+ years of strong experience in core Java and related technologies in a Unix/Linux environment
- 3+ years of experience in Systems analysis, design, development, testing and support
- Strong Front End Development Skills in Angular preferably or REACT.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Professional experience building apps or services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level
- Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, Junit
- Strong understanding of SOA methodologies and service architectures
- Experience using web servers, application containers, caching technologies
- Solid knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling) and understanding of NoSQL databases (Cassandra)
- Experience with messaging systems (i.e., MQ and JMS)
- Experience with build tools, such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins
- Experience in the finance industry or knowledge of financial products is a plus
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent is preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.