Full Stack Java Developer – Alternatives
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Full Stack Developer, Portfolio Analytics Group - Alternatives
The team is looking for an entrepreneurial technologist to prototype “NextGen” tools and analytic solutions for Alternative investments and help accelerate technology vision. Team members achieve a broad understanding of finance, clients, and technology; they learn to navigate all groups at BlackRock to solve business problems. Strong performers often grow into team leaders with management opportunities to coach and develop junior talent.
Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) within BlackRock Solutions creates and delivers Aladdin’s® analytical capabilities to help the firm and our clients understand and manage their investments and risk. The Aladdin Platform Analytics team within PAG focuses on driving commercial opportunities by expanding the analytics platform for BlackRock and Aladdin Clients. PAG is known for problem solving, innovation and using technology to provide scalable and efficient solutions.
Requirements and Opportunities
- Work directly with Investment professionals and market practitioners to rapidly prototype “on-desk” tools
- Proactively Identify opportunities to streamline and enhance the investment process using Aladdin tools, data and technology
- Relentless desire for understanding how processes work. Creativity in solving unconventional problems, entrepreneurial zeal to learn new skills and technologies
- Prototype and build apps to improve investment process by creating efficiencies and generate new insights with the goal to commercialize and benefit Aladdin Clients
- Build full-scale high quality production web apps independently while navigating the technology resources in the organization
- Evangelize Aladdin data and technology products by showcasing apps in various forums to internal clients.
- Hands on experience in building production quality applications and working directly with the users.
- Proven track record of delivering solutions from prototyping to deployment using at least one server side language - Java, C++, Python, Ruby, Node.js
- Experience with data visualization libraries – d3js, plotly, highcharts etc
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Strong interest to connect with the users and understand Alternatives Investment process.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.